Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are excited to share some pictures of the new K&T Performance Turbo kit for the Yamaha YXZ1000R!!! This is by far the cleanest and most well put together kit we have seen to date! Top mounted equal length manifold, super clean and efficient intercooler with dual fans vented through the top of the bed, Turbo By Garrett, aluminum plenum box with ultra short charge piping, and the option of either a dune intake or donaldson type paper filter are just some of the features that make this kit stand out and ensure that you will see the most HP and quickest spool rates available out of your Yamaha YXZ-Turbo!!!! Let Alba Racing and K&T Performance show you the real potential of that potent little triple!!! Who is ready?

Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line
Auto part Vehicle Engine Car Suspension
Vehicle Auto part Car Automotive tire Tire
Vehicle Car Supercar Auto part Race car
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Car

More pics to follow!!!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Otherwise nice, but not too crazy about losing part of my bed to an air cleaner!

Reactions: yubamike and St222

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Why can't they use the "cookie jar" for an air filter setup? One if the other companies is doing that, and it looks really clean!

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Yep, not a fan of the air cleaner which is too bad because the rest looks awesome. I would have rather seen it piped through the "cookie jar" and mounted behind the seat. Just looks like either they got tired of the project and just wanted to call it done or used all the creative thinking up on the rest of the project.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont think you guys understand the amount of room that is available under the bed when you place a turbo under there, and how much dust accumulates down there. It is in the bed for a reason...

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
582 Posts
That sounds like a cop-out imo. not intending to insult the hard work that must have gone into this rendition, but this is far from clean. That air pipe is going to get beat to [email protected] sitting directly in front of the wheel. It may work for the duners, but us desert/woods folk would trash it in one run. The intercoolers are loosing a ton of efficiency by being baked by exhaust and rising engine heat.

This ones not for me.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just spoke with [email protected] and he believes he can fit a filter under the bed, but as stated air quality and reflectively hp will be down. Cool fresh air is key.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
202 Posts
What about mounting the air filter above the front of the bed? (i.e. behind the seats?) I, too, can see that intake tube being beat to hell with rocks, limbs, etc.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I like the components. You got something good going there. Just consider a full compressed landing with a paddle or knobby throwing nasty debris at the intake pipe, though. I think a different route would be advantageous. I personally don't mind the Donaldson where it is. Its just part of making big power and have learned to live with it in my Cat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just spoke with [email protected] and he believes he can fit a filter under the bed, but as stated air quality and reflectively hp will be down. Cool fresh air is key.

Nate
Alba Racing
I can't see how being in the bed is any better..for us guys that use windshields it creates that dreaded backdraft of dust. That means we would just be feeding that air cleaner non stop..

I guess on a good note are beds would be clean from that sucking it all up lmao

·
Registered
404 Posts
K&T should have got all the forum engineers to help with the design of this kit.
That's hilarious. Isn't it amazing how smart we are once we have a keyboard in front of us?

Truth is, though, getting input from owners (present an future) is one assured way to guarantee sales. A lot better than going to full production with 200 units and the first dude to open it up goes to the forum and rips it apart for an obvious disadvantage.

·
Registered
314 Posts
What about mounting the air filter above the front of the bed? (i.e. behind the seats?) I, too, can see that intake tube being beat to hell with rocks, limbs, etc.
I think the intake tube could be closer to the turbo ( bed wall ) than is on the picture to avoid debris from wheel be trow on it. Not sure if they need to clear something, but pipe from turbo to the first bend seems to me sticking out to much ....just thought.
But don't want to sound as forum engineer...LOL
milos

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's hilarious. Isn't it amazing how smart we are once we have a keyboard in front of us?

Truth is, though, getting input from owners (present an future) is one assured way to guarantee sales. A lot better than going to full production with 200 units and the first dude to open it up goes to the forum and rips it apart for an obvious disadvantage.
Well, I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express, last night.

:cool:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts