Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took the plunge and bought it today-- Drove it home from the dealer (illegally) and put this thing to the test--

First impressions, WAY WAY faster than originally thought. WAY faster.. It'll eat a 1K for dinner-- It'll beat my fully built rzr xp 900 KT turbo from 0-55, then the turbo takes it to 75-- barely.. The gears are such a blast to run through, but they do sound clunky as hell-- probably just what it sounds like, but it definitely is clunky--
Almost zero body roll on basic corners going 40-55.. I haven't got to take it offroading as of yet, but it seems pretty well designed.. I am anxiously awaiting getting to the whoops to see how this new type of suspension handles everything..

I was one of the originals doubters after putting down my deposit because of the lack of horse power to the ground... What a difference a clutch makes.. It winds up and flies.. Brakes are sound, engine sounds amazing and it gets to 70 in a blink of an eye..

Hope this helps us non believers!!
Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
---- Oh yeah-- Cab heat is an issue- Ill need to drill holes in the front of the cab somewhere for some flow--

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im contemplating headed out this weekend, but the dirt and dunes are supposed to be 100 degrees, and I don't have time to head up to Pismo for the cool weather, so I might be waiting for cooler weather-- 100 degrees isn't fun at all, no matter how fast Im going..=)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Congrats on ur new YXZ. That clunking is going to be normal just going to have to get use to it. The more u get use to shifting it n when to shift it will not do it as much. That's just the play in the gearing n drive line. Its all good except for hearing it. LOL

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Congratulations! What was so hot about the cab?
I don't know if you have ever ridden in a Can Am Commander 1st generation, they had hot cabs as well-- This isn't as bad as that, and as a matter of fact a friend of mine came over and just went for a race with my PoPo and my yami and I didnt feel the heat hardly at all-- (Its now 71 degrees at night)-- but today, as I was cruising the street in the heat, it got hot as hell when going slow-- The insides of the middle console will have to be wrapped in heat shield material.. and the stupid cup holders aren't insulated making my water essentially taste as refreshing as a kick in the nuts.=)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Maybe you were just sweating from the 75 mph run on city streets....sounds awesome!! Congrats
Moreso from the 2 cops I passed and they didn't even blink an eye-- I about poo'ed in my pants, but didn't turn my head.. Just kept driving nice and city like, and to my surprise they didn't even care-- It was a good day.=)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the heat coming from the radiator ? Shouldn't be engine heat . ?
I hope it not as hot as my 900xp.We ride in 95+ heat and it get hotter than hell in it .If you figure a fix please post.I have mine on order.was hoping the heat wasn't a issue

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is the heat coming from the radiator ? Shouldn't be engine heat . ?
The radiator is right in front of the firewall so the air passes under the tunnel and out the bottom. The hot air is heating
up the plastic tunnel. A little insulation on the underside of the tunnel should take care of this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts