Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Beware of ANY company offering a “LIFETIME WARRANTY” on a lighted whip. Below are some questions you might consider asking, if you’re gonna buy in to one.

1. Ask what parts of the whip are included in the lifetime warranty.
2. Ask how the warranty process works. In many cases, even if it's covered by warranty, you're going to pay for shipping to and from.
3. Ask if there's a limit to the number of times you can file a claim.
4. Speak with people that own the brand whip you’re interested in, and ask about their experience with the product.

I can speak from experience without attacking any specific brand, that a whip with LEDs wrapped around the outside of a pole, unprotected by anything other than some heat shrink, won't survive many impacts or strikes, if any. Offering a lifetime warranty on one, is very interesting, and I suspect it's not what people think.

Tribal Whips' warranty policy is pretty simple, and straight forward. We offer a 12 month limited warranty against manufacturers defects and craftsmanship. If you experience a problem with a whip after the warranty expires, we offer a one time half off replacement within 24 months from the original date of purchase. If you cause damage to the whip within 24 months from the date of purchase, such as a roll over, we'll replace the whip one time, for half off. 99.99% of the time, we don't require a receipt to process your claim, even if you purchased the whip from one of our dealers.

We don't ask customers to return damaged / defective products... your time is valuable, and we can resolve things via email. In the rare case that we request the products return, we provide a return shipping label, at our expense.

If anyone reading this has a Tribal Whip that they need technical support or warranty assistance with, please contact our customer service dept. (702-943-0784) during the normal hours of operation (Mon - Fri, 8 am - 4:30 pm PST) and have the damaged / defective whips in hand. All warranty claims must be initiated by direct contact.

·
Supporting Vendor
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While at Dunefest 2019 this past week, I spoke with a dealer that sells a well known brand of whips, they’re the kind with an LED string that wraps from the bottom to the top. And he shared a story with me about a customer that broke 3 of them within the first couple of days at Dunefest, which the dealer replaced. But, after he replaced the 3rd lighted whip, he told the customer that he wasn’t going to replace more, because he couldn’t sacrifice his inventory of whips for one customer.

I felt bad for the dealer, but I felt worse for his customer. He was sold on the idea that his whip has a lifetime warranty against any damage, or he at least believes that, and the dealer stopped supporting a product that he sold.

I understand both sides, but dealers have to be ready to back up what they sell, or eventually lose credibility with their customers.

The customer in this case was lucky that the dealer was at the event, if he hadn't been there, the customer would have had to pay for his whips to be shipped back to the mfg. and then back to him... expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts