Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
read somewhere there is a SPAL fan that is a drop in with about 40% more CFM, stock is like 800 cfm, spal 1300 ? anyone got some leads on this ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Craig
Mike and Carl went with the Spal and I used this.
Be aware there is a thermo switch that cuts power to fan if over loaded.
This is located on the rail above the passengers side of the car.

I also add a fuse box and seperate fan override with its own relay. image.jpeg image.jpeg

This had a lower current draw than the Spal and is slightly thinner

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi bob, I have a parrellel power supply setup from the battery through a switched relay that then picks up the stock on off switching etc to the front end so no problems with the stock setup - limited power. Just want a slip in fan into the stock location. I passed on the lower temp thermostat details to Mike to try as well.

who did you get the fn through ?

cheers

Craig

·
Registered
48 Posts
Where exactly is this ‘thermo switch’ for the fan located? Post #2 in this thread says above passenger ride rail?

The fan stopped working on one of the Yxz’s. The ecu temp trigger nor the fan override that’s installed would turn it on. Limped it back home, 12v was getting to everything, wiring was all good, override switch was working (Kit with extra relay) — I took out the fan and powered it out of the car and it worked fine for hours of turning it on and off (thought maybe the fan assembly/motor was shot).

Then turned back to the radiator, it had mud caked on it so we hosed it all out from the back and front —put the fan back in and it worked the rest of the trip..

I’m trying to determine 100% if it was unclogging the radiator (‘thermo switch’ working if it shut the fan for being overloaded) or if this ‘thermo switch’ could be going bad?

Anyone have a picture of this ‘thermo switch’ or what I should be looking for? Is it replaceable?

Appreciate any help. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts