Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
factory, swings out to access storage box where I keep tools, and extra battery. I was going to carry on the roof but agreed with other posts on this site that its best not to add weight up high could effect handling. The weight in the back actually gives a good balance and softens the ride a bit.

Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
107 Posts
I love the Factory UTV shown in your first picture. I run a front sized wheel, standard YXZ offset (7" long vertical post) and a 28" 10-plu Mongrel tire as my spare to keep the weight down. This unit is really well made and it fits perfect with full visibility and still allows a large Dometic Electric Freezer/ cooler and drone in the back. Another thing to note is if my 30" tire gets flat, I can mount it on the spare mount rotate the vertical arm a few degrees backward if needed and get the 30" or larger to fit. Also, this mount has 3 allen bolts, so it tightens up much better than mounts that only have 2 allen bolts. Very smart and strong design! I would highly recommend this unit.
Auto part Suspension Suspension part
Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part Automotive exterior
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle

I saw these online... Anyone know anything about the quality or if they are good with the storage box? Slightly cheaper than the rack from Yamaha

·
Registered
430 Posts
I love the Factory UTV shown in your first picture. I run a front sized wheel, standard YXZ offset (7" long vertical post) and a 28" 10-plu Mongrel tire as my spare to keep the weight down. This unit is really well made and it fits perfect with full visibility and still allows a large Dometic Electric Freezer/ cooler and drone in the back. Another thing to note is if my 30" tire gets flat, I can mount it on the spare mount rotate the vertical arm a few degrees backward if needed and get the 30" or larger to fit. Also, this mount has 3 allen bolts, so it tightens up much better than mounts that only have 2 allen bolts. Very smart and strong design! I would highly recommend this unit.
[iurl="http://www.yxztalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=76554&d=1495662535"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.yxztalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=76562&d=1495653411"]
[/iurl][iurl="http://www.yxztalk.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=76570&d=1495653519"]
[/iurl]

I saw these online... Anyone know anything about the quality or if they are good with the storage box? Slightly cheaper than the rack from Yamaha
Do you notice a difference in handling? I.e. can you tell your are more top heavy or does it feel more prone to roll?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Motor vehicle Off-road vehicle

I went vertical behind the passenger compartment.....hopefully if the crappy cage doesn't hold in a rollover maybe the spare will help 'spare' me. It also holds the co2 on one side and fire extinguisher on the other along with the superwinch and a screw jack.
Homemade style, the only complaint is sucks for seeing behind ya but really that's what mirrors are for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 76610
I went vertical behind the passenger compartment.....hopefully if the crappy cage doesn't hold in a rollover maybe the spare will help 'spare' me. It also holds the co2 on one side and fire extinguisher on the other along with the superwinch and a screw jack.
Homemade style, the only complaint is sucks for seeing behind ya but really that's what mirrors are for.
Great setup. How has the portable superwinch worked out? Been looking at something similar using a warn winch and portable mount plate to use for reverse or lateral pulls.

·
Registered
25 Posts
factory, swings out to access storage box where I keep tools, and extra battery. I was going to carry on the roof but agreed with other posts on this site that its best not to add weight up high could effect handling. The weight in the back actually gives a good balance and softens the ride a bit.

View attachment 76274
Hello there, what size of tire do you have in the picture. I know on the yamaha web site it states that it will fit up to a 30 inch tire. I'm looking for a spare tire carrier that will hold a 32.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts