Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to carry an extra tire/wheel setup and I am getting some conflicting info. I am running Tensor Regulator 28" tires on all four stock wheels currently. Question, are the wheels different sizes from front to back, if yes which of the two sizes are you carrying as a spare? I suppose "why" would help as well. Thank you.

Also, if anyone wants to sell one stock wheel, let me know.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I want to carry an extra tire/wheel setup and I am getting some conflicting info. I am running Tensor Regulator 28" tires on all four stock wheels currently. Question, are the wheels different sizes from front to back, if yes which of the two sizes are you carrying as a spare? I suppose "why" would help as well. Thank you.

Also, if anyone wants to sell one stock wheel, let me know.
I have the same tires as you . I also have a complete set of stock wheels and tires for spares. The rear wheel is wider so when I carry a spare I always take a front one cause it will fit in the rear also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wouldn't you want a rear tire for a spare so it wouldn't mess with the rearend put it in 2 wheel run it home

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Wouldn't you want a rear tire for a spare so it wouldn't mess with the rearend put it in 2 wheel run it home
You would have to confirm that the offset for the rears will work on the front but the fronts definitely will work on the rear. That's typically why people will run a front for a spare.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
How are you going to carry it? I really like the OEM one but its still months out from being available.
I will be making a carrier that clamps to the roll bar real soon. That way I still have the back for storage.

Reactions: McKay

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Wouldn't you want a rear tire for a spare so it wouldn't mess with the rearend put it in 2 wheel run it
home
You want to make sure the tire hieght is the same . That is more important then the width.

Reactions: Double C
1 - 12 of 12 Posts