Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm a newish YXZ1000R owner, I've had one since February and have enjoyed it so far except a very annoying problem since I've bought it. I bought it used with a little over 600 miles on it and from the day i picked it up it has just not run completely right.

When its cold, it runs as it should, no issues. Once the machine starts getting warmer, it just doesnt want to move at its full potential until it gets into a higher RPM. It just lags and sounds like crap until it gets into a higher RPM and then it just takes off. There was one time where I was running it for quite a while without letting it cool down and it was lagging in the lower RPMs and the higher RPMs, the machine just didn't want to go like it should. It does it in almost every gear too. I have a Rekluse in it and thought that might need adjusting. I opened up the clutch and noticed the plates looked pretty rough. The steels were blue like they had gotten hot and the tranny oil had a burnt smell. I had thought this might've been the issue.

I installed the Tubeworks oil mod and I also installed new Barnett clutch plates. I also put brand new 10w-40 Yamalube in as well. I adjusted the slave cylinder to what the instructions called for and made sure the gap in the clutch plates were also set right. Everything seemed in order so I took it out for a spin. Ran good until...the machine warmed up. Started doing the same BS it was doing before.

Could something else be going on? Not getting enough fuel? Not enough spark? My next option is to bypass the rollover valve, then change the spark plugs, then replace the fuel pump. Or should I be looking at something else? It has the GYTR Lower Gear Ratio kit installed and it also has an aftermarket Graves exhaust installed. Maybe my ECU needs flashed so the fuel injector and computer can work better with these aftermarket parts installed?

Any help on this would be appreciated. I want to love this machine but this issue is wanting to make me pull my hair out instead (there is not much left up there to pull) 馃槵

Thanks.

Registered
Sounds like possible fuel pump and or fuel pick-up or delivery problem. I would start by pulling fuel pump and inspect pick-up sock could be dirty or crap in tank getting picked up as it runs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts