Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I knew it was gonna happen, I wanted a second one and my buddy decided he didn't want his any more. Ta da.... Wife/guest machine to spread the addiction. I have previously indicated my disdain for sharing my machine, but problem now solved with my insurance fully understanding that I intend to regularly take out two, but I alone can not drive two. We'll see how well and long this situation works, but I do look forward to some fresh converts and large grins with the occasional awe shit.... cause nobody is perfect.... I know that for sure. Good thing I have been buying used spare parts like a crazed madman.....

·
Registered
505 Posts
I love having 2 machines but it is double of everything, maintenance, insurance, registration, cleaning, etc. I only let my family drive them and some certain close friends that can afford to fix them if they do something stupid.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I would provide an update.... I have put a total of 7 newbies into the Blue YXZ with varying degrees of ORV/manual trans experience with pretty good results. I have a 60 mile route I take them on that starts flat, wide and fast for easy learning, into some trail/wash areas - finished up with some up and down hill climbs with ruts, big rocks, and cow pies (strongly encourage them to miss those..). Kind of an all-around ride. I took a member a while back, "The Beast", and he enjoyed it. So far the Blue machine has failed no one. It has incurred a slow speed roll over to the top, fenders stripped off, bent tie rod, loosened up tie rod end, lots of pinstriping and lots and lots of smiles. So far I am claiming victory.... except that the only one of the seven to buy a sxs afterwards chose a popo… albeit a nice one. Hopefully its another happy weekend.....

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have now taken out dozens of newbies and introduced them to the sport and the YXZ. The "Blue Bomber" has 7500 miles on it and continues to take everything that gets dished out. It is on its third cage now..... the frame is very mildly tweaked here and there. I just replaced a lower front A-arm and had to "custom bend" it to go on the frame. Nothing huge and nothing you can sense in driving it. People are definitely surprised by its capabilities and generally really enjoy the act of shifting and always have huge smiles, sometimes tempered by embarrassment. I won't describe the variety of screw-ups, but it is usually going too fast for their capabilities and trail knowledge. Big surprise....
One guy that was going to buy a Razor decided to go YXZ and another is getting ready to pick-up an SS XTR. So I am successfully spreading the addiction while maintaining mine. I can't wait to drive their machines....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I bought a second one that I thought would be my desert and trail car . Well since it was turboed , I felt it needed rods and pistons. Well now it’s my guest car lol and they asking me to put long travel on it to . Guess I will soon to keep them out of my personal car .

·
Registered
74 Posts

The blue car is my original dune machine with turbo and HCR long travel. I built the red and white car for short course racing. After 2 years of racing I put some stock parts back on it and now my 14yr old son is tearing up the Oklahoma dunes with me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts