Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering what the normal shifting noise is for the SS. I recently bought a brand new 2017 and just want to make sure what I am hearing is normal. From reading another post I understand the crack I get shifting it into to drive or reverse is normal. However I get a fairly similar noise shifting through all the gears. Is this normal? Just the auto clutch slamming in? New to the forum. Appreciate any help I can get with this. Thanks Shane

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Normal. The solenoid is what your hearing. It's very quick and powerful when it deploys. Another (new) noise from this model. We all had to get use to it. Yamaha has changed something on it for 2019 so it will be interesting to drive one. I doubt it will be less noisy. The green light on the dash is the clutch slipping. The less you see that light , the better for your clutch packs

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Not a noise I was used to when shifting. The thing is blast. Have a hard time keeping my foot out of the gas!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Try using lucas 20w50 full synthetic and it will not only shift smoother but will be WAY quieter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Stop trying to keep your foot out of it....lol

Reactions: Jodawapolo13

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yeah, there's a bit of noise with the SS, but when shifting under full throttle I don't get the noise that you do if you try and lift to shift. Keep it mashed and just keep flicking your figure on up-shifts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts