Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found the answer .... PRP guy explains it well at 4 min mark
Turns out it is about subframe and forgiving nylon with elastic straps to absorb impacts.

·
Registered
116 Posts
huge difference. i would never race in a suspension seat, but i would never want a rigid seat in a play car. so much more comfortable but in a race scenario you want to be 100% planted

·
Registered
26 Posts
I prefer a fixed seat versus a suspension seat no matter what, but I like to really push my car in whoops and jumping. Too many accidents happen to people in suspension seats for me to risk it for my riding style. The only issue is there aren't really many seats available that fit the YXZ well as opposed to the suspension seats which have plenty of options.

·
Registered
531 Posts
The stock seats seem to be a good compromise for me. I haven't had a good reason to change them yet. They offer some cushion without bouncing you all over the place, and the riding position is better than most aftermarket.. My only gripe is they don't have the bolstering to hold you in like aftermarket seats do, but that's what harness are for.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The stock seats are very nice. If they had belt pass throughs for shoulder harnesses and anti-submarine belt, and side bolsters, there would be no reason to change them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts