Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if the splines are the same as the rhino. I want a quick release steering wheel so I am hoping a rhino steering wheel adapter will work.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my maverick it made it way easier to take the seats out or to work on it inside the cab. I kept the dragonfire quick release so I would like to use it on the Yamaha. I just need the spline adapter.

·
Registered
404 Posts
You won't have problems with these Yamaha seats. Suckers pop right off in pieces.

Probably double as a floatation device.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The ability to remove the steering wheel with a quick release is a good theft deterent when locked up at night in camp. I am also changing my steering wheel but I'm waiting for it to show up at the dealer so I can get the spline dimensions.

Reactions: McKay and TULE

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone have the fiche yet? FWIW, the steering wheel and mounting nut are the same for the Rhino, Wolverine, and Viking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Steering shaft is NOT the same as a Rhino.Spoke with Weller Racing and Dragonfire Racing.Shaft is much larger,different splines& beveled,Rhino shaft is smaller,same as a golf cart.Was told YXZ,Wolverine,Viking have same large shaft,One of them said they have a quick release adapter in the works,but will not be done for a few weeks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If someone out there is changing their steering wheel,am looking for a complete take out YXZ steering wheel.Please contact me if you have one.Thank you...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Steering shaft is NOT the same as a Rhino.Spoke with Weller Racing and Dragonfire Racing.Shaft is much larger,different splines& beveled,Rhino shaft is smaller,same as a golf cart.Was told YXZ,Wolverine,Viking have same large shaft,One of them said they have a quick release adapter in the works,but will not be done for a few weeks.
Can you get the diameter?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Can anyone measure the outer diameter of their steering wheel for me? Also can anyone recommend their favorite steering wheel for BITD type of racing? Thanks in advance!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts