Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sure but then you loose you drop out. The car doesn't want to ride topped out on the suspension. The car needs to float on the suspension letting the wheels follow the terrain. If you jack the car with preload your car will statically sit too high in the suspension travel.

Setting up enough sag is very important.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can only add my experience. The Yxz has a a lot of droop or as you call it drop. My 19 has over 4,000 miles riding too low well broken in . In back shocks main spring I adjusted 4in tighter 2in top spring . It barely got 2in hight in back . My relocated spare tire I'm sure has something to do with that . I adjusted front shock 2 in tighter main spring 1 in top spring . It only rised it slightly over 1 in . Super happy with handling day and night better .
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Raised my 2020 also, puts the shocks out in the softer part of the travel=more ground clearance and smoother ride. Also disconnect the rear sway bar for the rough stuff like CO.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
695 Posts
Get a dual-rate spring kit from Shock Therapy. All YXZs a sprung way to stiff so that they pass the government role-over regulations.
Shock Therapy hates the YXZ, pulse if you look into their previous business history you might not want to do business with them. I know I never will.. If I were to change springs I would go Weller or Ebach. The 2019+ cars are not sprung as stiff if you have the duel rate springs. I'm not sure which car he has, but if he doesn't has duel rate springs that's the place to start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts