Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting impatiently for word on my new yxz . No one can tell me anything , so I’m thinking if I don’t have it by the end of July I’m just going to back out and wait to see what they change next year. I mean they come with a 6 month warranty but what good is that if it just sits around half the winter .by the first it will be 5 months on order WTF.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Right now I wouldn't waste my time trying to buy a new one, just find a low mile used one and get riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was going to buy a new machine this summer, but at this point I'm going to wait and see what the 2022s look like. And I would be in the same boat asYamaha Junki, I would have to drive the wheels off the thing before the snow flies. Not to mention at this point a 2021 is going to be a model year old.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was told sometime in July, but now it might be pushed into August.The dealer told me over half of his next shipment is already sold.
I had another dealer call me a week ago. He just received a XTR in. I would have to drive to Arkansas(not a big deal),
but I would lose my deposit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would think given the circumstance with being unable to fulfill orders that Yami and that dealer should work with you on getting your deposit back? I know the dealers in my area are basically receiving pre-sold inventory only at this point. Strange times my friends.....

I was told sometime in July, but now it might be pushed into August.The dealer told me over half of his next shipment is already sold.
I had another dealer call me a week ago. He just received a XTR in. I would have to drive to Arkansas(not a big deal),
but I would lose my deposit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would think given the circumstance with being unable to fulfill orders that Yami and that dealer should work with you on getting your deposit back? I know the dealers in my area are basically receiving pre-sold inventory only at this point. Strange times my friends.....
Yes I am chopping at the bit waiting for the machine .but I can wait I guess. It's not like the old days when you had to decide if you wanted last year's model or this year's and they would be sitting next to each other.

I believe the dealer that is selling me the machine is a good guy and he is doing his best to deliver. I would like to build a rapport with them after all I most likely will be dealing with them for the next 4 years because of the extended warranty and hopefully other things.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I couldn't wait and bought one - only promise I got from a dealer was Yamaha is hit and miss at best getting a 2021, most likely even if you got it, would be a 2020. The value of the old machines has went up too due to the shortage. Same as for new cars, trucks etc - my car appreciated 12k+ this year!!! and the YXZ is holding its value too. Strange days indeed!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Everything is crazy now! My Aprilia Dorsoduro has needed a new portion of the wiring harness (mice) since April with no luck and early October before heading west to do the AZPT I ordered a new refrigerator that has yet to come in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts