Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hope this isn’t a dumb question, but I just bought my first yxz, a 2016. It appears to have a 2019 or newer stock roll cage on it. I want to buy a roof and front and rear windows, but I’m not sure what will fit. I fear that 2016 accessories will not fit due to the cage being shaped different, and I fear 2019 or newer accessories will not fit if other parts that meet the cage are different. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
most of the accessories wont fit. the roof is different, the windshield is different, the rear harness bar is different, etc.
i would highly suggest saving up a little cash for an aftermarket cage. the stock cages (especially on the yxz) are notoriously weak and while many insist "they are fine for my style of riding" the last time you want to find out that the cage isnt a real cage is in an accident. remember, its not just you riding, its who else is on the trails. i recently had a roll over that was due to an oncoming RZR that ran me off the road. i went off an embankment at maybe 15-20mph, flopped over the passenger side and did a roll and a half. stock cage wouldve crumbled (my roof rack, whips, storage boxes, some accessories all were destroyed) but my cage is perfect

·
Registered
374 Posts
So, for aftermarket cages, do you have a recommendation for one that isn’t crazy expensive?
crazy expensive is subjective. my first Fabwerx cage was almost 3k. I got my Cagewrx by accident really (got it for cost) so that doesnt count. all TIG welded for $1200. But if you have a MIG or know anyone decent at welding, i have been installing these

with great results. have rolled mine twice now and both times stripped the powdercoat, inspected welds and square and run it again. cage has held up to a lot of abuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts