Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suggest everyone check their settings. Mine were all over the place from stock. Front springs over compressed by better than 1.5 inches, clicks all mixed up.

I went to 'normal' adjusters and took my springs to the soft setting. Will report back next week.

Remember to jack the wheels off the ground to measure springs and adjust high speed comp before low as the high adjuster turns the low one. My front feels much nicer now just in the garage.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I always double check all the settings on anything new I own and do my own PDI

Yee next week more news can't wait to see how it works out with all these new setting also keep a log and how many H>L>R clicks it helps :D

·
Registered
589 Posts
The high speed compression actually doesn't turn the low speed. It does turn with the outside nut but it's a separate internally.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes setting the shocks can be fun. I am surprised though that Yamaha would ship it without each shock being set to factory specs. I know when I got my Wildcat they all were way off big time, But that can be expected from them. None of the suspension bolts, engine mounts, steering hose clamps ect ect was at proper torque. When u guys get anything new u have to check everything out yes its a pain in the azz but well worth it

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The high speed compression actually doesn't turn the low speed. It does turn with the outside nut but it's a separate internally.
This is true most of the time but I've found two of my bikes do adjust when they shouldn't. I think it best to do everything in an orderly sequence to prevent issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts