Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a stock 2020 SS machine how long will the stock clutch plates be expected to last? The claim is 230% longer with the new MCU programming in the 19/20 SS units. If a GYTR turbo is installed what life will stock plates provide?
Is it the same procedure for replacing a SS machine plates as the three peddle version? If you use OEM plates is it necessary to have the actuator recalibrated? Thx

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have seen posts of people with over 6,000 changing it out and said it was still good just already had it apart for other reasons. How you use it or abuse it will determine how long it lasts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK let me ask a silly question.....How does oil get into the clutch? Does the tranny oil get splashed or pumped into the clutch housing?

·
Registered
40 Posts
It is splashed.
I just installed the GYTR clutch in my 2020 SS SE. It only had about 10 hours on it and I found that all the center disks were bone dry.
The GYTR has added holes to allow oil to get to all the disks.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you change plates or the "housing" or both is it necessary to bleed anything? Also does the actuator need to be recalibrated by the dealer if A.) using oem parts and B. either after market or GYTR parts.

Thx

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I installed the GYTR clutch. I replaced the steel plates with the required PN's and new fiber disks. The stock steels are smooth and the new ones are dimpled, plus there is a thickness difference.
The total thickness of all the plates is specified in the instructions.(I don't recall the dimension right now) My total thickness was right where it was supposed to be.
With that said, the actuator functioned like it did before.
Before I took it apart I looked at the RPM that the clutch wanted to engage, with the new clutch the RPM reacted the same as before.
So no, in my case, I did not need to have the actuator set at the dealer.

·
Registered
292 Posts
OK let me ask a silly question.....How does oil get into the clutch? Does the tranny oil get splashed or pumped into the clutch housing?
It gets pumped in. The extra holes in GYTR and TW allow oil pumped into the hub to get to the disc and why the TW mod closes off the face of the hub to force the oil pumped in to have to go out the holes to the discs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts