Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COME ON OUT TO THE FINALS AT HAWK PRIDE OFFROAD IN TUSCUBIA ALABAMA. THE POINTS RACE IS CLOSE SO THE RACERS WILL BE HAMMERED DOWN FOR SURE.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Chris Houser is the only one to climb Copperhead hill for the 1000cc at hawk Pride offroad for the STR8 UP SXS Series Finals making him the points champion for the season.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reid Gann beats on his OG RZR 800

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
900cc class

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ORB FAB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1000cc class

·
Registered
753 Posts
No way a YXZ is going up those hills.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I would have to agree with u on this one, These hills aren't for the YXZ with the way they are geared that's for sure. Or for that matter the Can ams too with their 4wd system the way they are.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Are you sure? Everybody in that video looked like they loved wheel speed till they broke. I think if you don't care about your machine at all, with a rekluse it would be very doable. Most everybody in that video was grip it and rip it (and then break it)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Trying to slowly crawl up a hill is what the yxz will not like. Bouncing up a hill with momentum the yxz will be great. If you watch the tires, it is only the stuff with very low tire speed that the yxz will not like as much. These guys just backed up and throttled it again. Some of them would not let off until they broke. The yxz will love that kind of rock crawling if you don't mind beating on your machine.
In my opinion

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
No way a YXZ is going up those hills.
No stock machine is going up that hill.

I bet the guy who builds his YXZ to compete in the KOH race will have just as good a chance as any of these guys who have "specifically built" their machines for hill climbs...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No stock machine is going up that hill.

I bet the guy who builds his YXZ to compete in the KOH race will have just as good a chance as any of these guys who have "specifically built" their machines for hill climbs...
Man I would have to say that no modified machine was gonna make it that day. Not to say that someone would never make it. Its possible for sure. Just have to have luck and the right line.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jason Sparks cant' find the right line in his 900xp on Nitrous

1 - 14 of 14 Posts