Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would think that someone a Yamaha customer service or product development reads this forum every day or so just to see what everyone thinks of their product. So let's use this thread to offer constructive complaints and suggestions.I don't have a horse in this race. I'm soon to be seventy years old and I'm a paraplegic (38 years now.) and I'm going to have to make my RZR 900 XP last . I don't have the cash to spend on a new machine. Having said that, I owned several Yamaha's back in the seventies and never had a bad one.

So I'm going to get things going with a few suggestions.

1. Seems like a lot of us think that the YXZ is geared to high for some of the stuff that we want to do with it. Some say just make is a bit slower over all and everything will be fine (Diff gear change) . Others seem to think that a High low transfer case would be the better fit. I say do both. changing differential gearing to bring the absolute top speed down to about 75 to 80 MPH this will allow folks to run taller tires and still be able to get the acceleration they want. A a HI-LO transfer case will satisfy the crawlers out there. With low range engaged a top speed of about 40 to 50 MPH in fifth gear should provide a nice low speed first and second gear.

2. The rear fenders need to be bobbed off just even with the roll cage. Sooner or later someone is going to do a back roll in their TXZ and the fenders are going to be destroyed. The same goes for the "tails" that stick out on the rear of the roof. I know that they are a styling statement but I'm confident that you can maintain the good looks of this machine and fix this problem.

3. Paddle shift. I would be unable to drive the YXZ safely without one but, I think able bodied drivers would want this as well. Both hands need to be on the wheel whenever possible.

You get the idea feel free to chime in with other ideas and report problems you may have. Possibly a Yamaha Rep will answer some of our concerns as well. I imagine Yamaha does focus groups, maybe they will begin to follow this thread in the same way.

·
Registered
202 Posts
4. Bumpers with Hitch Receivers for installing a winch on the front or rear, as needed.

5. Higher output Stator as standard equipment. A large number of people are already concerned with the lack of capacity due to equipment needed in a wide variety of uses. (Light Bars, 2-Way Radios, Stereos, Helmet Air Pumps, Whips, etc.)

6. Softer suspension (?)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Suspension seems ridiculously stiff as delivered. At what point does the sway bar become so stiff that the independent rear suspension becomes a solid axle?

The radiator is begging to be hit by a rock if you follow anyone closely at all.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Fix the heat in the cab and for shit sake could somebody PLEASE insulate the cup holders... Somebody, anybody... no.. ugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts