Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2016 yxz1000r with around 2500 miles. The guy gave me a service manual and it specified the front suspension length preload should be 16.36 in standard and the rear should be 19.06 in standard. I'm measuring the length of the spring between the bottom plate and the top nut and am getting much less. Can someone confirm their measurements? Around 14.5 on the front and 16 on the rear.

·
Registered
208 Posts
more details needed. what shock? rc2 or x2? how much weight on the car with and without occupants? original springs? dual rates? are you measuring them compressed? under load? at static ride height?

car should have 13.5" of ground clearance with you in it, measured at the front of the main skid (not near the arms, near the cabin).

if original single rate springs, they are likely trash and need to be replaced. my 2019 springs couldnt handle the extra weight of a spare tire carrier and a heavy right foot, had to have preload nearly maxed out just to get 12" oif ground clearance with me in it. went with a much heavier dual rate stage 3 eibach and made a huge difference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
more details needed. what shock? rc2 or x2? how much weight on the car with and without occupants? original springs? dual rates? are you measuring them compressed? under load? at static ride height?

car should have 13.5" of ground clearance with you in it, measured at the front of the main skid (not near the arms, near the cabin).

if original single rate springs, they are likely trash and need to be replaced. my 2019 springs couldnt handle the extra weight of a spare tire carrier and a heavy right foot, had to have preload nearly maxed out just to get 12" oif ground clearance with me in it. went with a much heavier dual rate stage 3 eibach and made a huge difference.
13.5" clearance based on what size of tire?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think I'm good. Didn't read the part to measure them with vehicle jacked up. They are stock shocks. I have 30" tires so I've got around 15" of ground cleanance in the front. I set the suspension a bit in the soft side so will see how it rides this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts