Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put some decent hrs on the yxz this weekend, only one issue with both of them, we drove them hard,posted a few vids. but anyway the driver side rear endlink broke on both units, and is due to the sway bar actually sliding to the passanger side which binds up the driverside endlink until it pops out,u can see in pic how far the swaybar has movved to the right 20151113_142212[1].jpg

·
Registered
404 Posts
Interesting. I wonder what the fix will look like. Think I'll head out to the garage on this rainy day

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm going to buy some heims tomorrow it looks like haha thanks for the heads up or take the bar off and weld a sleeve to keep it from sliding

·
Registered
199 Posts
This has to be a problem everyone needs to check them. The crimped alum collar is comming loose and letting sway bar slide side to side. Mine and my brothers both did this So I'm sure it has to be a wide problem .... It can be fixed easily but they need to send out a better lock collar we can install. The front does it also need to
Check it. Lucky we noticed befour we broke our end links

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Good find.
We just completed a 4 hour race in ours this past weekend. I did notice a little more body roll in the later part of the race too, but I just assumed it was the shocks getting hot. It was cold and dark when we finished so it went straight into the trailer. I'm planning on checking it over real good this evening so I will post any of my findings as well.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Marc, did you install them on the inside of the factory crimp collar or on the outside of mounting bracket?
I haven't done it yet, still putting my suspension back together on the Cat. But, having not looked at it I'm sure I'll install them on the inside to keep it from sliding.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you take the rear sway bar completely off it can be tricky to get everything aligned perfectly once you put it all back on. I have found that removing some of the skid plate bolts and pulling it down a bit you can easily access the location to put on the clamps or split collars. Also because the sway bar is still all mounted up its easy to get it exactly centered and putting the stock collars back into factory location. Which is pretty much right up against the bushings. Then of course just add the collars. Just my 2 cents after doing it both ways now.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for the update. Ordering the collars now.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Just put my collars on. Don't want to wait for the inevitable either.
Great tip here!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts