Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the manual the temp light has three functions. It is supposed to light up blue when the engine is cold, and red when hot. It lights up purple at startup.
Does yours light up blue when cold bc mine does not so far? Is this something the ecu tuners can control and adjust bc it would be nice to be able to set the temp that it turns on and off?

·
Registered
86 Posts
According to the manual the temp light has three functions. It is supposed to light up blue when the engine is cold, and red when hot. It lights up purple at startup.
Does yours light up blue when cold bc mine does not so far? Is this something the ecu tuners can control and adjust bc it would be nice to be able to set the temp that it turns on and off?
Nope I haven't seen my temp light come on period. Let me know if you figure that out, it be nice to have if its there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had my temp light come on when the radiator was loaded with mud. Sprayed it out and haven't had an issue since. Haven't seen a blue light come on yet though. Maybe once the temps start getting really cold around here that'll pop up more.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had my temp light come on when the radiator was loaded with mud. Sprayed it out and haven't had an issue since. Haven't seen a blue light come on yet though. Maybe once the temps start getting really cold around here that'll pop up more.
That's a good point on the blue light. It may take temps near freezing to see it come on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
According to the manual it should light up blue since it doesn't have a temp. gauge and go off once the engine is at operating temp.. So the way it reads it should always light up at initial start up because it wouldn't be at operating temp. regardless of outside temp. Mine doesn't light up either.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
That's weird. This would be a very nice feature if it would work this way. I get the lighted symbol, but it goes off immediately upon startup. Wish it would stay on blue until warmup is complete. Seems like nobody's is working this way....wonder why?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I believe it needs to be very cold. Most engines are good to go out of the box.
My thought also. No one is seeing it yet because the outside air temps are probably normal where everyone is starting these. Maybe someone further north can chime in if they have some cold temps where they live.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It will be cold enough in Wisconsin soon to check it. I know on my sleds the light goes out about 68 degree water temp.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am hoping this is something that can be programmed on a re flash. By that I mean changing the temp the light goes off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts