Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are getting great reviews, anybody here have input? Id like to put a set on mine for the desert just not sure the 30 is the way to go with clearance

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Installed mine last week, very solid tires. I have been able to run in the mountains and hills easily in TWD.
I put on 28's, they are big for their rated size -- unlike most tires that run small. The are much better than the
Mongrels, solid sidewalls.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I did 28 to keep center of gravity down and they are lighter weight. Someone said they are a taller 28 so it seemed like a nice compromise. I also didn't want to lose any low end power.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just ordered 28's. Thought about 30's but with the high gearing didn't want to lose performance.

·
Registered
333 Posts
It appears that the tensors are noticeably heavier than the stockers from the limited data I can find. Has anyone noticed a performance loss due to the heavier rotating mass?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It appears that the tensors are noticeably heavier than the stockers from the limited data I can find. Has anyone noticed a performance loss due to the heavier rotating mass?
They are heavier but the car has enough power that I cant tell. Im not racing though.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think those 28's look great and are probably better than the 30's for gearing.
They are but there is so much power that being down a gear is not a major drawback, it just puts you in the magic power band range of 7k plus ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts