Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some have tried to reach the moderators of this forum, in an effort to return this forum to what it was.

Thank you for your efforts.

I started to be concerned when 450Girl bailed; when 6Gearz went MIA, I knew it was in trouble.

I have been on here for a number of years. I have learned a lot, and have tried to repay that knowledge by sharing my own experiences and knowledge that I have learned, during the journey.

I have always believed one should try to be more of a contributor than a parasite, on matters such as these.

That concludes the niceties.

When the sponsors and moderators cease to give a shit about the vehicle that supports their advertising dollars received, then they deserve what they get.

Adios Brothers and Sisters! I am hopeful you all find a website that furthers the YXZ cause and development! This obviously isn't it.

I just wanted to say thank you, for all of the expertise and insight you all have shared, over the years.

What a shame... And it was going so well.

See ya

·
Registered
489 Posts
Appreciate your view and your contributions over the years. I was always sure to read your posts as they were always good information, more often than not obtained through personal experience. You were not afraid to share painful experiences so that we could avoid that same pain. Good luck with your machine! Fast and fun trails to you!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've just logged on to find 14 new posts - 12 of these are spam. I cannot figure the business model of Vertical Scope. Nor can I understand their 'About Us':

VerticalScope is an integrated multi-platform media company. Our social networks and websites are vertically integrated roll-ups in high-consumer spending verticals. The resultant audience aggregation places many of our verticals within the Top 5 of ComScore Media Metrix for their respective category.

We leverage our deep in-house expertise in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Internet marketing, and traffic acquisition to build highly targeted, successful online communities and websites. Our arsenal of tools includes a significant portfolio of irreplaceable, generic domain names we have acquired over the past decade. These domains drive organic type-in traffic to our web properties resulting in hundreds of thousands of enthusiasts arriving at our network every month by means of direct navigation.

Through targeted acquisitions and development, VerticalScope has built a portfolio of more than 800+ websites with more than 25 million aggregate pages of content and more than 125 Million unique visitors per month - and growing.

At least we know their management buzz phrase generator is on song.

I will be following you shortly.

·
Vendor
63 Posts
I've been in contact with my reps over this for weeks. The same spam issues are plaguing multiple forums. They've contacted me and said they were looking for volunteers to become moderators, and I've supplied them with a few active people on different forums. I hope they listen to my suggestions. Best of luck out there fellas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow! I personally have never seen a good site go to shit so fast. 20 pages of solid spam in the past 3 days. What a shame. I have enjoyed the info and stories I have seen on here. I guess I am out too. Where? I dont know yet. This was always a great outlet for information. Good luck to everyone with their toys. Maybe we will meet again in some other forum to share info about our passions.?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I hear you , very sad . Probably will not be here much longer myself.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I agree with all of you. This was the best site for all things YXZ, and still contains a archive of information that is unmatched anywhere. Very disturbing to me that Vertical Scope let it fall into such disrepair, however not surprising to me at all. I've seen them do it to site after site that they've made a power grab to acquire over the last few years.
To just "move on" isn't as easy as it sounds, this was a great group of guys and gals that will be hard, if not impossible, to replace. The level of maturity and mutual respect toward one an another displayed within these pages is a real rarity anywhere on the old inter-webs. In all the years I've been here, I can't remember a single legit member ever being reprimanded for anything, it simply was never needed. Just consider, the site has been operating without a moderator for a year now, and still maintained a civil discord, try that most places and I'll show you a shit show. The final nail however is unrelenting spam, we have no control over it and even when reported to the admins nothing is done about it. I'm left clueless and have become more of a looker on FB YXZ Addicts, that often is the proverbial shit show.
I'll drop in from time to time to see if anything changes, I really hope it will. If I can ever be of any help to anybody, feel free to drop me a PM. Keep the shiny side up and maybe I'll see you on the next trail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What Zilla wrote is so true. I have been around these forums for many years dating back to the early days of rock crawling, never got into the "flaming" people do on some forums. I always tried to pass on good info and help out when I could. I really appreciate the archived info and experience that the members have brought to this site. I'm sure I will continue to check in and definitely use the search when I have questions. Hopefully things will change for the better. Thanks to all the members here that have supplied info and wisdom to this site.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yep, this site has been very helpful and short on smart asses. It is about the only one of any kind that I can truly say that about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I conjure up a different question/concern about my yxz every 10 minutes. I don’t know what I’d do without this site. I’m new to the yxz game so I guess that’ll wear off, but it’s gonna take me a while to get through the past 5 years of info. Maybe by that time there will be a bunch of action thanks to the 2019 model updates

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've always thought this "for profit" forum was a bummer. Cant post links unless it's to a vendor's page.
The Facebook pages are also a joke. The same question asked 500 times. "What's the best oil, PFA". I forums have really just declined over what they were 20 years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Latest software updates for the platform on 24th March, mentioned an improved Captcha process to reduce Spam. So lets see

·
Registered
3 Posts
FWIW,I would like to extend a welcome hand to all the unhappy members here. I am the owner of a small forum of off road enthusiasts /fabricators. We have always welcomed all new members and have strove to make all feel welcome and a part of our group. We would gladly add a section just for YXZ owners if the need arose. I actually own 4 yxz's and 2 full size buggies myself. Our members are always glad to help others. Nice tight knit group. We are not predominantly sxs or YXZ owners but welcome those machines and their owners readily.Anyway.........I wish to invite all to give us a try. DTSFab.com (Desert, Trail and Sand)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts