Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the limits of the clutch in my YXZ last weekend. A 500yd extremely steep hill climb with relentless 12"-18" rock stair steps along the way. I asked too much of my machine and knew it at the time too. Damn it!! A cheap quick fix would be to just replace the clutch and stay away from such wicked hill climbs for this year and do gear reduction in the winter when not riding. So after hours of reading reviews and weighing my options on what to do, I decided to pull the trigger on the 70/30 mod with Tubeworks. I was so worried about the down time with shipping there and back and combined with repair time at their shop, I could see I'd be upwards of 3 weeks down pretty easy. Tuesday I talked with Jason at Tubeworks and he amazed me, telling me that he and his guys would turn it around in the same day if I had it sent to their door on Thursday morning. So I pulled the transmission out tuesday night, dropped it off at UPS on Wednesday and now today (thursday) its finished and on a truck back to me already!!!!!!! I am beside my self with that level of customer service!!! Yes, it was expensive and an enconvience to have to do such a big mod to a new machine......but with what I saved over buying a popo I'm still money ahead. I hope more venders follow the lead of how the staff of Tubeworks is treating their potintial and current customers!!!! I can't say thank you enough to Jason, Sean and the rest of the crew at Tubeworks!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
I found the limits of the clutch in my YXZ last weekend. A 500yd extremely steep hill climb with relentless 12"-18" rock stair steps along the way. I asked too much of my machine and knew it at the time too. Damn it!! A cheap quick fix would be to just replace the clutch and stay away from such wicked hill climbs for this year and do gear reduction in the winter when not riding. So after hours of reading reviews and weighing my options on what to do, I decided to pull the trigger on the 70/30 mod with Tubeworks. I was so worried about the down time with shipping there and back and combined with repair time at their shop, I could see I'd be upwards of 3 weeks down pretty easy. Tuesday I talked with Jason at Tubeworks and he amazed me, telling me that he and his guys would turn it around in the same day if I had it sent to their door on Thursday morning. So I pulled the transmission out tuesday night, dropped it off at UPS on Wednesday and now today (thursday) its finished and on a truck back to me already!!!!!!! I am beside my self with that level of customer service!!! Yes, it was expensive and an enconvience to have to do such a big mod to a new machine......but with what I saved over buying a popo I'm still money ahead. I hope more venders follow the lead of how the staff of Tubeworks is treating their potintial and current customers!!!! I can't say thank you enough to Jason, Sean and the rest of the crew at Tubeworks!!!!
I am compelled to echo this! I received....same day....yes...I said same day service from Tubeworks! Granted...I drove the tranny there myself (6 hour drive for me) and slept in my truck waiting till they opened. They said if I dropped it off it could be several days to wait....it was done in several hours!
Oh...did I mention...the mod has made the machine so much more usable!
Loving it!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
And Weller Racing is now a Tubeworks installer as well. Exact same excellent customer service!

Reactions: 450grl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts