Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 YXZ 1000R (Blue & White) and am thinking about trading up to a 2019 SE. My car has Fox RC2s and so does the 2019 SE. I know the 2019 has duel rate springs with crossovers, but what else was changed to make them ride better? Also will RZR tires and wheels fit the 2019 YXZ? I know the bolt pattern is the same, but what about the back spacing?
Thanks for any help,
Mark

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I know they also reduced the spring rates ( poundage ) on the new shocks. That would defiantly help, I know it only took me a hundred yards to know the X2's were sprung to heavy in the rear.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for responding Zilla. Are you talking about the older X2s or the 2019s? Also do you know if they changed the valving on the 2019 RC2s? If so did Yamaha get it right this time on the 2019s? Anyone know if the RZR wheels will work on the 2019 YXZs?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I would think the money spent on a new machine would probably upgrade the one you have with way better stuff. Not trying to talk you out of a 2019, I love mine. But I would think you could really make one nice for the price difference. With that said, I really like the radiator in the rear, a lot less heat. The bigger stuff mentioned above were selling points for me, and kept me from looking for an earlier model. A friend of mine has a 2016 and I don’t think he would trade up. Upgrade some things yes! But I also believe either car is more capable than I am as a driver ?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply. to make my 2016 work for my future plans I would have to install lower gears and have the shocks valved and resprung not to mention rods for a possible future turbo. By the time I did this I would be right at the price of a 2019 provided I got a decent price for my 2016 and I still wouldn't have the rear mounted radiator and larger brakes along with all the other improvements Yamaha did on the 2019s.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Thanks for responding Zilla. Are you talking about the older X2s or the 2019s? Also do you know if they changed the valving on the 2019 RC2s? If so did Yamaha get it right this time on the 2019s? Anyone know if the RZR wheels will work on the 2019 YXZs?
Yes, I'm referring to the older X2's on my 17 SS/SE . I think the X2 shock is bad ass, there's not another shock on the market that has as much user adjustability or I'd have it. I'm betting the new ones on the white SS/SE work great and I would assume they would have to adjust the valving for the reduced spring rate. I would also assume the RC2's have different valving too. It bums me out that you can't get a 19 SE with X2's, only in a SS.
On the initial release a Yamaha tech was doing a walk around vid on the 19 and did say the RZR wheels were compatible but not sure if he was just referring to bolt pattern or backspacing too. You should be able to figure that out by checking out OEM replacements for both. I know the YXZ needs the 15" wheel to clear the bigger rotors, do the RZR's have 15" wheels? I have no idea, never needed to look at one, lol .

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks again Zilla for your response. It really sucks that Yamaha doesn't offer the good shocks in a three peddle car. I do need to do a little more home work on the backspacing between the YXZ and the RZR, but I just checked the Yamaha website and the 2019 YXZ still has 14" wheels. So if the back spacing works between the two I should have more wheel choices..

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the 2020 yxz1000r red really like it. quick stops hard. Manual clutch and shifting is really cool I feel like I have complete control of the whole vehicle with a manual clutch. Great price from wheels in motion in Chatsworth with a rider's advantage warranty

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've not used actual rzr wheels on my 2019, But I have 2 sets of MSA beadlocks that came off of a rzr and they work fine, same offset 5/2. I do think they're both 7" wide so the wheel width a little narrower on the back and a little wider on front

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have both a 2019 SS and a 2017 SS. The 2017 is mine and the 2019 is the wifes. Not sure i could justify getting rid of my 17 to get a 19, id rather dump some money in the 17 and make it better then the 19 (and cheaper).

The biggest difference i can tell between the 2 when driving them is that the 2019 is WAY cooler (as in temperature) in the drivers seat. The 2nd thing id notice is the suspension is a bit more plush on the 19 but i have the weller dual rate springs on my 17 so not such a big deal in that regard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts