Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the trick to tilt the steering ? Neither myself, the salesman or the guy who put the machine together could get it to work.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Not the most intuitive setup in the world, but seems to work fine on mine once I got used to it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Must have been something wrong with the unit I drove. Stuck in the up position. Spent 5 minutes with 2 other guys trying to figure it out. Found the lever just fine, would only move about a 1/16" in either direction. IDK, I'm thinking there was some kind of lock in there from the factory and the dealer didn't remove it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got mine home and could not get the tilt steering to move when I pulled on the lever. I took it the dealer a big guy came out and pulled the lever and with this other hand started pulling up on the steering the buggy was rocking back and fore a couple of inches (he was pulling super hard). He got it to pop up, he said it was jammed in the full down position. After he did it the tilt steering worked ok for me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Must have been something wrong with the unit I drove. Stuck in the up position. Spent 5 minutes with 2 other guys trying to figure it out. Found the lever just fine, would only move about a 1/16" in either direction. IDK, I'm thinking there was some kind of lock in there from the factory and the dealer didn't remove it.
The lever doesnt ove any more then that. It's designed to move very little and unlock steering. I think these dealers haven't a clue.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The tilt wheel gets stuck in whatever position delivers it seems. The trick is it feels like the release lever isn't moving when it is. Pull the release lever towards you then and try to tilt the wheel until it pops free

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to deal with this all day at the factory. That being said, there's a slight trick to it. When you pull the lever, first apply pressure in the opposite direction you want to move. Even if the tilt assembly is all the way up, once you pull the lever push up on the assembly to get it to start moving. I can assure you all, this was a trick I had to figure out quickly. On a side note... all of the units produced so far are properly torqued before they are loaded?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I have to deal with this all day at the factory. That being said, there's a slight trick to it. When you pull the lever, first apply pressure in the opposite direction you want to move. Even if the tilt assembly is all the way up, once you pull the lever push up on the assembly to get it to start moving. I can assure you all, this was a trick I had to figure out quickly. On a side note... all of the units produced so far are properly torqued before they are loaded��
Welcome, Snipes! Good to have someone on here that actually builds these units. Keep the tips coming! ��

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have to deal with this all day at the factory. That being said, there's a slight trick to it. When you pull the lever, first apply pressure in the opposite direction you want to move. Even if the tilt assembly is all the way up, once you pull the lever push up on the assembly to get it to start moving. I can assure you all, this was a trick I had to figure out quickly. On a side note... all of the units produced so far are properly torqued before they are loaded��
Few for the suggestion box :D

Maybe suggest a little locktite on the door latch bolts. They come loose way to easy.
Set shock settings. Seems many are all over the place and the dealers aren't checking them apparently.

You guys working on blue/orange machines yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts