Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running 27" Katani Mongrels on my RZR 4. Always start off the ride with high pressure and adjust for conditions. Last weekend rode the North Shore of MN for the 1st time. Large,smoothed rocked, up and down, twisting wide trails. After the 1st five miles I dropped from about 16 psi down to 8psi. Dropped my boys 250 wheelers from about 8psi down to 4psi. 100 mile day would have been rough as hell without the pressure adjustments.

2 months ago riding in Mid MN, basically straight railroad bed with granite, arrowhead gravel , 25psi. Tried telling my brother and nephew they needed more air in their tires. 2 flats later they agreed. Good thing I bring spares, compressor, and patches. Come to think of it never used any of them on my own machines out on the trail. Hmm, maybe people don't really like me ? They just want a pit crew.

Anyway, do you guys change tire pressures often ? What effect on the YXZ ?

For me, just as, if not more important than suspension adjustments in the various terrains we see.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Big effect on the suspension of my Y. Need to be upwards of 15psi to prevent pogo effect in fast whoops. I highly recommend a co2 system. Can reset blown beads and run air tools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts