Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I put on my 30" tires they bark on the street, any thoughts? I dont see adjustments for alignment but thats not my thing so who knows.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The Tensor regular tire is a flat tread contact design tire so this can make the rear tires bark when turning with a locked rear differential on pavement they get a lot of traction with this type of design.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm still doing this and not sold on the square tire theory, any other views? Also I'm in 2 wheel drive

·
Registered
25 Posts
The tire style and compound will make a difference. It seems like the all-terrain "truck" type tires bark easier and louder than tires with a more open tread pattern. I have noticed this in Moab on the slick rock, and on the streets. Bighorns are actually a pretty soft rubber and don't seem to bark or squeal much on anything.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Completely normal. While turning the outside tire rotates faster than the inside tire since the rear is always a locked diff. Same as any car with a spool in the rear diff. Some tires squeal and bark more than others depending on rubber type.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Completely normal. While turning the outside tire rotates faster than the inside tire since the rear is always a locked diff. Same as any car with a spool in the rear diff. Some tires squeal and bark more than others depending on rubber type.
What he said

·
Registered
217 Posts
Wait... The rear diff doesn't unlock? Is it even a diff?

·
Registered
1,773 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
My Yamaha Raptors (both the 660 & 700) would "bark" on pavement around corners too. They were both solid axles and with the YXZ being a locked rear axle, it does the same thing, even in 2WD...nothing to worry about. You might try not turning as sharply, if that is possible.

Reactions: McKay
1 - 17 of 17 Posts