Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Right on!! Have a great trip!! Sounds like a great place to ride from what I have read on this forum. At least it shouldn't be dusty.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rained all the way down.Arrived about 5pm ,got our trail passes,picked up some food and beverage and got settled into our lodging.Thinkin about heading down to Pocohantas and working our way up to Pinnacle Creek tomorrow.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When you hit up Pinnacle, be sure to stop and have a meal at the Rebel Smokehouse in Mullins. Best place to eat in that area by far.

Also, Wrong Turn Pizza is good too.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you hit up Pinnacle, be sure to stop and have a meal at the Rebel Smokehouse in Mullins. Best place to eat in that area by far.

Also, Wrong Turn Pizza is good too.
I have eaten at wrong turn.Devil Anse and Buffalo mountain today another 75miles in the books and still the only YXZ

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forgot to check my mileage yesterday at the start but trip total so far is 401 miles for 4 days with today being the final day.Yesterday covered Pocohantas,Indian Ridge and visited the town of Bramwell and had lunch at the corner shop,a fifties style soda jerk.last evening went for an outlaw trail ride and saw an abandoned mine shaft with rescue equipment still in place and the shaft not sealed.Thinkin about rockhouse today to end the trip.I have found the one IMHO drawback of the Z...ground clearance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Definitely agree with the ground clearance issues. I switched to a 31" tire and rarely drag in the Hatfield trails.
I caught a glimpse of two of the ever elusive WV YXZ out half dozen trips.
Bunch of "rubber band runners" 😁

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
went to Rockhouse today which was awesome and finished out the day with a short ride at Pinnacle Creek.Total miles was 492 for the trip.I passed a YXZ over by Man WV today while running a short stretch of blacktop.Lots of KRX's and Can Ams around here as much as if not more than Polaris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts