Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the YXZ yesterday, got it loaded on the trailer for a shakedown cruise to Sand Mountain Nv today. Unbeknownst to me, my granddaughter spilled a bunch of water on the bathroom floor and my first step into the bathroom ended in a huge yard sale. Now my clutch ankle has a lump the size of a softball and I can't walk :mad: I'm taping that sumbitch up and heading out tomorrow come hell or high water!!! I'm sure they can do xrays the next day. Seeing it sitting in the driveway begging to be flogged is truly a torture test though...

·
Registered
404 Posts
That bites, brother. Are you going out with anybody that can help you get the girl loaded down? I can try my damndest to take a day off but it is really tight. Are you round tripping it tomorrow? 8 hours of driving gives me cold chills.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That bites, brother. Are you going out with anybody that can help you get the girl loaded down? I can try my damndest to take a day off but it is really tight. Are you round tripping it tomorrow? 8 hours of driving gives me cold chills.
Yeah we're going to round trip it, leaving Sac at about 4:30 am. Makes for a long day, but I REALLY need to check this bad boy out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you feel froggy when you are there, see if it will make it up the back side of comp hill, that will be a great test!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Umm YXZ curse?? I broke a bone in my left foot walking across the parking lot. 6 weeks to heel! Mine will be here in 2 weeks or so. Looking for a speedy recovery

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you feel froggy when you are there, see if it will make it up the back side of comp hill, that will be a great test!
guessing its peaked out huge on top since its early in the season, backside of comp is tough with dirt tires depending on your line.

·
Registered
21 Posts
guessing its peaked out huge on top since its early in the season, backside of comp is tough with dirt tires depending on your line.
Front side will be a piece of cake, back side is the test. My 900 comes real close with STU's, too chicken to keep trying. This thing has much more power and manual, I bet it will make it.
Also, sand should be smooth and that is an advantage!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Front side will be a piece of cake, back side is the test. My 900 comes real close with STU's, too chicken to keep trying. This thing has much more power and manual, I bet it will make it.
Also, sand should be smooth and that is an advantage!
yea front side is nothing. My 4 seat 900 could make up the back barely and only if my stu's were really low around 5psi, if they were at 10 or more it wouldn't do it. My 1000 4 w/ stu's around 8psi does it no prob with 1 passenger, barely with 2 as long as I don't let off. Both machines had modded clutch's.

Do you have paddles or just doing break-in run with dirt tires? Full pull out of bottom of big bowl on top and also running the fingers down by the wash is fun going up and down with lots of quick tight turns and no run at them from the bottom as there is no room. The RZR belt gets a little warm on those, YXZ should shine doing this and have no problem as you kind of dog it when turning then mash the throttle, my 450 loves those. Can wait for Halloween.

Matt

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just going to air down the knobbies. Guessing back side climb might be tough without paddles, but I'll make a run at it.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Umm YXZ curse?? I broke a bone in my left foot walking across the parking lot. 6 weeks to heel! Mine will be here in 2 weeks or so. Looking for a speedy recovery
Damn! I feel your pain both literally and figuratively. Here is to both our speedy recoveries. :cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just checked out the weather and you will be around 65 deg around 8am and peak at 77 deg, the "w" is looking like 5mph or less out of the north. Perfect riding weather.

Matt

·
Registered
505 Posts
Damn, I wish I wasn't so busy that I could sneak up there with ya & see that yxz run. I'd like to see how bad it spanks my Mav's & see it run before I make a decision.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I hope you have a speedy recovery.

I'm taping that sumbitch up and heading out tomorrow come hell or high water!!! = = = A True SXS Warrior

1 - 20 of 42 Posts