Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the SxS world but have been playing in the bush in Jeeps for 20+ years. Now the kids and wife want their own steering wheels ;)

Question I've been wondering about. This thing wants to run and run fast. Jeeps don't. How do we all feel about zipping down roads/trails at massively fun speeds and meeting others on the trail. Either a slow RZR :p or group? I saw the brakes work on the Weller video, so that part is at least good.

But with the new speedy toys, are we risking it too much? Love to hear thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
16 Posts
well sooner or later its going to go very bad ,,to many nut cases going way to fast in the wrong areas ,, you have to be eagle eye on every turn or hill watching someone coming way to fast ,,, have fun but be safe ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not a YXZ issue but a mentality issue in general across manufacturers. I run fast but I'd never take a blind corner or do it in a risky spot because it's obvious to anyone who has time on trails that the risk of hurting yourself or someone else isn't worth it. As the sport gets bigger and more people start joining who have very little to no experience jump on machines with this much power it'll become an issue. IMO, teaching rider safety will go a lot farther than limiting the motor size ever would.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We desert trail ride our dirt bikes frequently and sadly come across sxs drivers that drive reckless by going too fast and too far left in blind turns. My brother in law was ran into last year by a rzr driver coming around a turn on the left side of the trail leaving no room for escape. Broke his leg in two places. Took 4 hrs to get a vehicle back to him to get him out to where the ambulace was. We all have sxs too and need to always keep in mind of your speed, your view ahead. I've taught my kids to ride only as fast as you can to be able to stop within your view of the trail.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I'm new to the SxS world but have been playing in the bush in Jeeps for 20+ years. Now the kids and wife want their own steering wheels ;)

Question I've been wondering about. This thing wants to run and run fast. Jeeps don't. How do we all feel about zipping down roads/trails at massively fun speeds and meeting others on the trail. Either a slow RZR :p or group? I saw the brakes work on the Weller video, so that part is at least good.

But with the new speedy toys, are we risking it too much? Love to hear thoughts and opinions.
Always taught my kids to only go as fast as you can see. Blind corner, slow the hell down, drop off same deal. If you can only see 10 feet in front of you don't go faster than you can stop in 10 feet. Always amazed riding on and off road how many people ignore this very simple principle...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always taught my kids to only go as fast as you can see. Blind corner, slow the hell down, drop off same deal. If you can only see 10 feet in front of you don't go faster than you can stop in 10 feet. Always amazed riding on and off road how many people ignore this very simple principle...
The good way to teach for sure. Agree 100%. Trouble is that I suspect this particular machine urges us to go faster. And faster. And that excitement will overrule our sanity. I'm trying to gauge whether my "overprotective father sense" is outweighing my "inner teenager" :)

These things are going to need alot of room for a bunch of people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts