Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

Im planning on buying a Blue YXZ when then arrive. My ? is will it fit in my 7x14 enclosed trailer? The door is only 71.5 " tall, inside is 74". The YXZ specs are 72.2 I'm hoping with incline of the ramp door the tallest point on the YXZ will be inside before it is all the way in. Anyone have a standard enclosed trailer and fit it in there??

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Pure opinion based on loading mine into my TH. I don't think you will have an issue, highest part of the cage will be in before the rear axle is at its highest point.

·
Registered
674 Posts
hello,

Im planning on buying a Blue YXZ when then arrive. My ? is will it fit in my 7x14 enclosed trailer? The door is only 71.5 " tall, inside is 74". The YXZ specs are 72.2 I'm hoping with incline of the ramp door the tallest point on the YXZ will be inside before it is all the way in. Anyone have a standard enclosed trailer and fit it in there??

thanks
Doubt you'll have any issues, but the easiest fix is let some air out of the tires. Fill them back up after you back it out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was hoping since the YXZ is 64" wide and my trailer is 80" the 20" would allow me to open the door if I park it to the pass side wall.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Just get the buggy already and worry about the trailer 2nd! ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I run a Mirage 7X16 SideXSide enclosed trailer. It has a taller roof but I don't think you will have a problem with a shorter roof. The high point on the YXZ is near the center and is inside the trailer well before the rear axel hits the top of the ramp. If you get the tires up next to the passenger's side wall you can squeeze out the door ( I'm 6' and 260lbs ). The biggest issue I have is catching the cables for the ramp on the tires. It helps to have a spotter until you get used to it. Make sure the engine is warmed up. It stalls easily when it is cold.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have same trailer - a 7x14...and the rear door ramp is great - the problem is the spring mechanism that is in the middle on a bar hanging lower than the actual opening height - really makes it a pain in the butt and wish they didn't design it that way but this is great topic that relates to a possible issue...this was a major concern if I was to get this machine - ok well not major concern but would make it so that I don't have to sell trailer if it fits- thanks for these posts. I sleep in the trailer at the tracks I race at so its dual use.

20151209_115107[1].jpg 20151209_115124[1].jpg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just for fun, imagine how I get my 6'6" body out of the y while its in my trailer...yep, I take my shoes off and crawl out the back of roll cage. Still waiting for the desert bumper with winch plate...a winch will save me from my 'yoga' exercise!

Also as an FYI to those trailer shoppers.my trailer is a 7 ft tall 7x16 v nose enclosed. I am barely able to squeeze a 450 wolverine into the front with the y behind..end to end. I really like the trailer...wider would be a little better though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So has anyone actually confirmed the yxz will fit through a 72'' high door? I have the same trailer set up as blue. Lots of clearance inside but worried about it going into the door.

Dealer is a 4 hour drive.. Picking it up here in northern Alberta Canada and kinda want to bring the enclosed trailer to keep the brand new machine clean on the drive home rather then trying to tarp it to keep it from getting blasted by salt on a flat deck.

·
Registered
441 Posts
So has anyone actually confirmed the yxz will fit through a 72'' high door? I have the same trailer set up as blue. Lots of clearance inside but worried about it going into the door.

Dealer is a 4 hour drive.. Picking it up here in northern Alberta Canada and kinda want to bring the enclosed trailer to keep the brand new machine clean on the drive home rather then trying to tarp it to keep it from getting blasted by salt on a flat deck.
you can't keep it clean for ever,that's the fun part getting it dirty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks! Haha and yea totally understand on the clean part. But hauling a brand new machine through salt and Alberta roads before it Is even Rode is kinda harsh. Up here you never see sleds and machines on flat decks for that reason.

It won't be clean for long once I'm in the driver seat

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is my rig. If all goes well I'll post some pics of it fitting inside next week. image.jpeg

·
Registered
17 Posts
My guess is you will get it in but probably backwards. I had a 7 wide with a 7 high roof. I had to back in to allow room for a Harley up front. The biggest pain was the cables on the ramp door getting hung up on the tires and getting out of he damned thing. I ended up buying a 8 1/2 wide. Much easier and less strain on the marriage too!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'd say no to 2 on a 16 footer. I can get a 4 wheeler sideways, the YXZ and the Wolverine in a 24' enclosed with little room to spare in the front V.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts