Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tired the Smithy built triple springs. I have a new 2021 xtr and it is to harsh on the small stuff on the trails.The hits I notice the most are the embedded rocks that hammer me to death. I have everything turned down low as it will go running 10 pounds of tire pressure.Just wondering how to spring kit would work on a newer ride.Also is a re valve necessary the kit is already 1200 dollars.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
I have a friend that runs the triple springs and swears by them. I always thought they were a gimmick, but I never tried them myself.

Reactions: Whatuhunit

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
Just the springs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am going to buy the kit this winter, I bought the tender springs and they made a difference but not night and day.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ1000R SS SE White
356 Posts
Just run the weller dual rates and you’ll be stoked
I got those Weller HD springs on my '19 X2 shocks (no change in valving), LOVE them, wish they came equipped on the machine stock. Was able to get ride height back in check (after adding accessories) and have what feels like can take on any terrain.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
The 2019+ has better valving than the older cars. The OP has a 2016 so the triple springs were to try and compensate for the less than desirable valving.

Reactions: Gibbster

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
2016 with Weller revalve and dual rate springs. Now ride is super smooth with ride height maintained. No more washboard roads or whoops beating me up. I had previously had Eibach stage 2 dual rate with heavier rated primary springs than kit and still rides much better now with Weller ride.
Sky Tire Cloud Building Plant

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
1,076 Posts
I have 2021 xtr and its too harsh just wondering if just springs will be enough?
Have you messed with the three shock adjustments?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts