Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EVERYONE TALKlNG ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO PUT MORES LIGHT ON THE YXZ BECAUSE OF THE AMPS. l BEEN LOOKING AT ALL THE PICTURE OF IT AND YOU ARE GOING NEED EXTRA LIGHTS BECAUSE THE FRONT FENDER ARE COVERING UP THE HEADLIGHTS. YAMAHA NEEDS TO TRIM THE FRONT FENDERS OVER THE HEADLIGHTS. YOU WILL NOT ABLE TO SEE VERY FAR IN FRONT OF YOU GOING AT FAST SPEED UNLESS YOU TRIM THE FRONT FENDERS. 11990389_10200918433239372_531456188213637321_n.jpg IMG_4511.JPG

·
Registered
190 Posts
That view right there looks like they are blocked to the point of being ineffective. Must be the vantage point..I hope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree 100%. Discussed that will a Yamaha Buddy of mine and he agreed also.
If you're fast approaching a steep hill on a backwoods trail (and especially from around a curve), you need to be able to "clearly" see what's at the upper end before you go blasting up it!
Finding out after you've committed in not a good thing to experience.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
l HATE PAYING $20,000 FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU ARE GOING HAVE TO CUT ON. RIGHT AFTER YOU BUY IT.

Reactions: Khite100

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm glad everyone else noticed it too. That's gonna be interesting to see where people choose to cut

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks can be deceiving. I'm sure the lights are brighter than the Vegas strip at night. Either way slap a 40" bar up there and be done with it. Factory stator should be sufficient for that.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I wouldn't worry about cutting this n that, I am sure n hope that Yamaha wouldn't block the headlights. Yes it does look that way but I am sure that the headlights will shine good like they are suppost too. I really do not think that Yamaha would like to have more people suing them because of the headlights. I am sure that they will work good. Just a thought

·
Registered
753 Posts
The stock headlights will be perfect with light bar.

Stock lights let you see down and out in front of you ... overhead bar light up everything else.

Done. No trimming.

NOW IF YOU WANT TO TRIM THOSE REAR BAT WINGS ..... now there you may have something. lol

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm willing to bet the pics are deceiving. There's no way in hell Yamaha didn't drive this thing at night to see how there lights are......did you all forget who your speculating about!��

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
l GUESS WE ARE JUST GOING HAVE TO FIND A PLASTIC COMPANY THAT CAN MAKE NEW FENDER LIKE THIS. 11949323_1014697888581237_4289448846849957202_n.jpg

Reactions: SoCalXP

·
Registered
32 Posts
The stock headlights will be perfect with light bar. Stock lights let you see down and out in front of you ... overhead bar light up everything else. Done. No trimming.
NOW IF YOU WANT TO TRIM THOSE REAR BAT WINGS ..... now there you may have something. lol
LOL, When I saw the title of this thread I immediately thought the OP would be talking about cutting the rear fenders! That will be interesting to see what owners and the aftermarket do to enhance/subtract to/from the bodywork. As far as the front headlights go, I think that from certain angles it may appear that the bodywork is impeding the headlights projection but I would be dumbfounded if this were the case and Yamaha overlooked it? I believe the stock headlights work well. Prob no light bars for me other than maybe a small one that goes on the front bumper. In some of the trails we ride a light bar on the roof is gonnna take a beating being hit by tree branches and could even get knocked off.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NOT A BIG FAN OF POLARlS

·
Registered
32 Posts
The way those LED Lights appear to work, the output would be reflected off of the bottom mirror inside the headlight. My assumption is that the fender impedes very little light output.

But if you guys want to go cutting with your hacksaw so you can improve on Yamaha's engineering, by all means. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts