Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on tubeworks site checking if they have anything designed for the 2019 YXZ, and find they have a brand new YXZ4S Conversion kit that comes with a heavy duty frame, doors, etc everything needed to convert a YXZ to a 4 seater. Cost is $10,800 that could make for an interesting project as I have my salvage 2017 just sitting anyways.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I was on tubeworks site checking if they have anything designed for the 2019 YXZ, and find they have a brand new YXZ4S Conversion kit that comes with a heavy duty frame, doors, etc everything needed to convert a YXZ to a 4 seater. Cost is $10,800 that could make for an interesting project as I have my salvage 2017 just sitting anyways.
They had it at the sand show a few week ago. Nice clean kit. Might be a future project with everyone selling theses cars dirt cheap.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is it a full frame or does it add on to the existing frame? Does anyone know if the fixed the weak spots in the original frame

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Is it a full frame or does it add on to the existing frame? Does anyone know if the fixed the weak spots in the original frame

You cut the existing frame and add to it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I was really hoping it was a full frame replacement and they fixed some weak spots in the factory frame for a little over 10k. It's still awesome and I'm interested just slightly disappointed

·
Registered
240 Posts
The 10k includes all of the plastic, the wiring harness, driveshaft and other important items that make it a complete kit. The cage work is probably a $4,500 item on the list of needed parts to make the kit. Its similar to a 4 seat cage for a RZR or something with just a few extra pieces.

We have talked about making a replacement frame and actually have a front and rear clip. If you needed the front, the center, or the rear, you could purchase it and replace a wreck part of the car. I am just not sure it will be something at the front of the list to get done.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I was really hoping it was a full frame replacement and they fixed some weak spots in the factory frame for a little over 10k. It's still awesome and I'm interested just slightly disappointed

Hmmmmm. That thing may be a real flexi-flyer with a weld in frame mod. Like to old XP900 Poo-Poos that broke in half.
Even if I had a burning desire to blow 10K....Not my cup of tea!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would definitely like a 4 seater and with what I paid for mine even with 10k that would keep me around the same price as a 4 seat can-am or popo but it does make me nervous that it's a add on. Maybe someone who saw it in person can comment on the build quality design and durability

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dont be mistaken. The cut and splice assembly is a much more affordable and economical option with out sacrificing strength. There are slip in pieces in between the splice, so its not a butt weld system. Plus you are connecting the front and rear of the car with a real DOM, 1.75" cage with way more bracing than stock. We spared no expense on adding rigidity to the chassis, and with the length and strength of the add on it only increases the platforms strength and durability.

This is not some backyard, hand cut assembly. Everything has been CAD designed, laser cut, CNC bent, with tons of custom components to make it as factory as possible.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dont be mistaken. The cut and splice assembly is a much more affordable and economical option with out sacrificing strength. There are slip in pieces in between the splice, so its not a butt weld system. Plus you are connecting the front and rear of the car with a real DOM, 1.75" cage with way more bracing than stock. We spared no expense on adding rigidity to the chassis, and with the length and strength of the add on it only increases the platforms strength and durability.

This is not some backyard, hand cut assembly. Everything has been CAD designed, laser cut, CNC bent, with tons of custom components to make it as factory as possible.
Thanks for the info I'm really interested in the kit I've only heard good things about tube works and if this kit is the same quality as the rest of their products I'm sure it will stand up. Can long travel be used on this kit , what gear reduction and tire size are you running on the machine one last question how much weight does the kit add

·
Registered
7 Posts

For those of us that missed the SSSS is there a way we can look at the car? im loving this idea and i got sad when i realized i would have to sell the car once i had kids.....not no more!!! thank you!!!i love the idea of banging gears in a turbo 4 seater lol. will this be something a at home fabricator could do?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm really interested in the kit also trying to figure out how much weight it will add what gear reduction and if long travel can be used on it

·
Registered
275 Posts
anyone know what the wheelbase is with STOCK suspension? If I remember correctly the one at the sand show had a HCR kit on it that would have added 4" to the wheelbase.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I do not have all of the specs on weight. The frame section is essentially 4 pieces of 36" x 1.75" tube, plus what a standard 4 seater cage would be.

The tires on Jayson's car are 33's. No matter what, every YXZ needs larger tires than stock and gear reduction. 45/15 is the go to ratio unless you are a more technical driver and in an area that needs it.

Nothing is changed front or rear, so you can keep what you have or add long travel, this kit does nothing to the suspension, geometry, width, or shock mounts.

The car is in Glamis being tested, unfortunately I am out of the country and did not get to go on its maiden run.

·
Registered
7 Posts
my buddy saw a yellow 4 seater out there? is that the car that was testing? or was it the blue one. it had a funky cage but from the pic he sent it looked decent! i want to see that blue one in action!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts