Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I do not have all of the specs on weight. The frame section is essentially 4 pieces of 36" x 1.75" tube, plus what a standard 4 seater cage would be.

The tires on Jayson's car are 33's. No matter what, every YXZ needs larger tires than stock and gear reduction. 45/15 is the go to ratio unless you are a more technical driver and in an area that needs it.

Nothing is changed front or rear, so you can keep what you have or add long travel, this kit does nothing to the suspension, geometry, width, or shock mounts.

The car is in Glamis being tested, unfortunately I am out of the country and did not get to go on its maiden run.
the tubeworks car definitely does not have a stock rear suspension set up...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, this is an older thread but I'm interested if anyone has any more pictures or info on one of the conversions. I've been calling Tubeworks recently and I've been having a hard time getting any information on it. I'd really like to see pictures besides the flyer stock photo, especially in the rear of what the cage looks like from behind.

I was a little disappointed in the price of the kit not including any matching powder coat\paint on the new cage pieces. For that price, then to cut\weld\paint is just a lot to swallow but still I am sadly very interested in the kit.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am in the process of installing the Tubeworks frame kit. I only purchased the tubes and all wiring and cables to extend. I am still waiting for wiring and cables and it has been over a month.
The cage is brilliantly designed. There is a front piece that extends down to the front shock tower that should eliminate the need for any other bracing there. The rear of the cage extends past the factory frame and securely attached to the lower rear of the frame. Both of these in addition to the pillar that attaches cage to frame just behind the seats should eliminate any undue flexing nose to tail. In addition, the frame extender piece is very substantially built. Since I am making several other mods at the same time, it is taking me a bit longer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the process of installing the Tubeworks frame kit. I only purchased the tubes and all wiring and cables to extend. I am still waiting for wiring and cables and it has been over a month.
The cage is brilliantly designed. There is a front piece that extends down to the front shock tower that should eliminate the need for any other bracing there. The rear of the cage extends past the factory frame and securely attached to the lower rear of the frame. Both of these in addition to the pillar that attaches cage to frame just behind the seats should eliminate any undue flexing nose to tail. In addition, the frame extender piece is very substantially built. Since I am making several other mods at the same time, it is taking me a bit longer. View attachment 115842
Sir,
Thank you for sharing. I am talking with TW about details and quotes currently. I am hungry for absolutely any information that you could share about your experiences or install notes thus far. I will shoot you a PM with a couple questions if you don’t mind.

Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sir,
Thank you for sharing. I am talking with TW about details and quotes currently. I am hungry for absolutely any information that you could share about your experiences or install notes thus far. I will shoot you a PM with a couple questions if you don’t mind.

Thanks
No problem, shoot 'em my way

·
Registered
113 Posts
The cage is brilliantly designed. There is a front piece that extends down to the front shock tower that should eliminate the need for any other bracing there. The rear of the cage extends past the factory frame and securely attached to the lower rear of the frame. Both of these in addition to the pillar that attaches cage to frame just behind the seats should eliminate any undue flexing nose to tail. In addition, the frame extender piece is very substantially built. Since I am making several other mods at the same time, it is taking me a bit longer. View attachment 115842
Do you know what the overall length will be when its done?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts