Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Looked like an MPI turbo. Had that FUGLY exhaust can on it.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Let the winning begin, Its about time a Turbo YXZ n a Turbo Polaris 1000 go at it. I wonder if a Turbo Can am will challenge the Turbo YXZ next. I guess we will see. A great video looks like they were having a great time out there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It was either bogging below the powerband, frying the tires in the happy spot or bouncing off the box. Such a different animal. The Popo is just point and shoot. The Yami is handful and refuses to let you get bored....that dude couldn't shift fast enough. My Yami isn't here yet, but it will mostly live in the Dunes and Desert. I think getting the right tires on it will make all the difference. If you can't put the power down, its all for show. thx for the VID!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Could tell he was running in 2wd most of the time. Mine does the same thing in 2wd basically bounces off the rev limiter a lot through the bumps when the rear tires are up.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Let the winning begin, Its about time a Turbo YXZ n a Turbo Polaris 1000 go at it. I wonder if a Turbo Can am will challenge the Turbo YXZ next. I guess we will see. A great video looks like they were having a great time out there.
Did anyone expect a different result? 155hp is more than 144hp last time I checked. The Yamaha is a handful with the turbo and you will be shifting a lot until the rev limiter is removed.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Nothing surprising here. So, end result: $25000.00 investment into either machine. YXZ with a walk away victory.

Wait until some other vendors figure out the electronics. That turbo is going to be silly.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Taller tires will help for sure, but then you are giving up acceleration.

Once you get into the turbos it will be all about who has the most money to spend. Each motor is going to have its breaking point on boost.

The Yamaha does have a nice advantage with a transmission.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did anyone expect a different result? 155hp is more than 144hp last time I checked. The Yamaha is a handful with the turbo and you will be shifting a lot until the rev limiter is removed.
I didn't know Polaris came out with a XP1K turbo...was this a comparison between a 925 stock Polaris turbo and a 998 modified Yamaha turbo ? I reviewed the video and it just read turbo on the side of the Polaris..?? Hmm ...I wonder what the boost levels we're on both machines?? It does look like the XPT was better through the rough sections JMO

Duane

·
Banned
228 Posts
Nothing surprising here. So, end result: $25000.00 investment into either machine. YXZ with a walk away victory.

Wait until some other vendors figure out the electronics. That turbo is going to be silly.
Walk away victory? Stock xpt vs a yxz with $5-$6000 worth of mods and it barely beats it, a $550 tune on that xpt and its gone again, I did not realize the yxz is already selling for $19K, they must be having a hard time selling them if they are slashing the prices that much already. Plus, it needs another $2K in shock work to compete with the Xpt, nice to see it finally got a win tho, By The Way, how'd the yxz do in the baja 1000 last Friday?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Lets face it, the XPT is overpriced turd, even with 12 PSI boost can't keep up with 6 PSI YXZ.... LOL
What you think Yamabeast ?? Can you imagine when YXZ will run same boost like XPT ???
milos

·
Registered
314 Posts
Walk away victory? Stock xpt vs a yxz with $5-$6000 worth of mods and it barely beats it, a $550 tune on that xpt and its gone again, I did not realize the yxz is already selling for $19K, they must be having a hard time selling them if they are slashing the prices that much already. Plus, it needs another $2K in shock work to compete with the Xpt, nice to see it finally got a win tho, By The Way, how'd the yxz do in the baja 1000 last Friday?
Are you blind, mister ??? LOL
milos

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.