Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate posting videos of me losing but fortunately this was the only loss I encountered this weekend. Z1 was running a flashed ecu on 25psi. Who knows what else, I didn't care to ask. YXZ running 8psi on very conservative tune (11.5afr). With that being said I got smoked through the whoops and the YXZ rear suspension needs lots of help. Not to mention it's a bit tricky to shift when riding the mechanical bull. However after fighting through the whoops it felt like we were pretty even the rest of the hill. You be the judge. Imagine the YXZ on 25psi???? ???? Holy hell batman!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mike , how are you liking the car. Lots of potential? Taking mine to the dunes tomorrow for the first time.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Get that suspension dialed in would help and might make it closer. You were both moving up the hill. 25psi on the Yamaha would be a wild ride. Going to be fun seeing the Yamaha on some serious boost at the SXS wars in Dumont.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike , how are you liking the car. Lots of potential? Taking mine to the dunes tomorrow for the first time.
I actually like it quite a bit. Visually it's not my favorite, but overall it feels good. I've never had a SxS setup to blast through the whoops at olds but I really struggled with the YXZ. I couldn't get it to shift and it was bouncing off the rev limiter and the tires just wouldn't stay planted. Other then that it shifted with ease, sounded great and pulled amazing. Duning was lots of fun and the car was very responsive. Overall it was a great first trip and I'm looking forward to more testing next weekend. One thing for sure is don't even attempt to run a paddle suited for a N/A RZR 1000.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Dial the shocks in to about stock settings and run a few hundred miles before doing a lot of changes. Give some time for the springs to settle and components to wear in. I never touch anything suspension wise until it's way over the break in period.

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's closer than I'd thought. Pretty cool

·
Registered
299 Posts
I actually like it quite a bit. Visually it's not my favorite, but overall it feels good. I've never had a SxS setup to blast through the whoops at olds but I really struggled with the YXZ. I couldn't get it to shift and it was bouncing off the rev limiter and the tires just wouldn't stay planted. Other then that it shifted with ease, sounded great and pulled amazing. Duning was lots of fun and the car was very responsive. Overall it was a great first trip and I'm looking forward to more testing next weekend. One thing for sure is don't even attempt to run a paddle suited for a N/A RZR 1000.
Was this meaning as they don't work on the turbo?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if you run a paddle suited for a NA 1000 you will have WAY too much paddle on the YXZ even with turbo. if you run a RZR 1000 paddle on a NA YXZ it will be a complete turd. Call Fullerton Sand Sports and Dave will let you know whats up.. He tested them all!!!!

in regards to the suspension, the stock rear sucks.. we are working on improving the shocks now and will test again soon. They felt great in the dunes, but horrible through the Olds whoops.. Weller's turbo car had long travel with re-valved shocks and went through the whoops MUCH better.. Probably would of been a much closer race with that car, but they had left earlier that day...

This video was about as stock as your car can be with the exception of the turbo kit bolted on in less then 3 hours.. Only had about 15 miles at the time of these videos. 1.5 miles on the ODO when we first tested it on the street! haha..

·
Registered
404 Posts
I hate to repeat what has been said but my suspension was straight crap until the 15 hour mark. After that It SPANKED my z1 Wildcat through the whoops in terms of skimming, traction and comfort. It honestly was like somebody put on some factory works race boingers in the middle of the night. Might be worth the wait just to see if it can get you closer to what you'd like.... Your rig did AWESOME up Olds. I'd have been pissed if that was my Z1. Congrats

1 - 13 of 13 Posts