Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks kind of like Weller's setup but not sure who's it is. Ahh, looks like it's BertUTV's. Sounds really awesome with the BOV to atmosphere.

[video]https://www.facebook.com/737961476/videos/10153726235541477/[/video]

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Correct this is Mike from RPM's car. He will be offering 2 different kits... a low boost internal wastegate setup, and a high boost external wastegate setup. Mike makes some of the most beautiful parts out there!

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I hate when they don't put the video's on youtube or something you can actually link to.

·
Registered
148 Posts
YouTube video uploaded here:

Our products will be endorsed and sold through select dealers such as Weller Racing, etc. you can contact them directly for more information on the details of their specific kit, etc. thanks!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That sound is actually Compressor surge or "lack of blow off valve"

JD
LOL, you have got to be kidding. I've built a few turbo car's and a Tial BOV sounds just like this when there is a very low pressure to release. Like when he's just reving without a load on the motor.

·
Registered
47 Posts
LOL, you have got to be kidding. I've built a few turbo car's and a Tial BOV sounds just like this when there is a very low pressure to release. Like when he's just reving without a load on the motor.
Nope, not kidding at all;)

JD

·
Registered
404 Posts
That gets with it quick. I'm not certain but I think I am hearing a bit of a lag. I love going quick and I do want the benefits of a turbo but I don't think I would compromise the incredible throttle response I have right now with just an exhaust mod. What are your thoughts? Is the lag noticeable?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I'm wondering if it is perhaps the camshaft's profile. On yours -- Do you notice the engine really starting to come to life around 7000 RPM's ?? Perhaps to is throttle application when changing gears ??

Dunno -- But I sure like the sound/performance of this initial low boost kit !!

And I might add -- I ordered a couple of parts from Mike yesterday and asked a few questions about both his kits -- To which he readily answered and he sent me a few pic's of this kit. Just one comment -- The welding is second to none. No swap meet special here -- It's all perfection. I just can't overemphasize this enough.

FUN Times .. :D

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The other benefit with the RPM turbo kit is they are located in San Diego, Ca. Oh yeah!!!!
Altho, if I go with a Turbo I may get it from Weller Racing since I love their dual DMC set up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts