Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are a dealer for Twisted Stitch. They released the Vortex seat for the YXZ this week. Here are the standard options. They are shown in yellow, but Orange and Blue are available for those cars as well, the other colors will just replace the yellow you see below.

Standard Stitch - $899.95/pr.
Diamond Stitch - $949.95/pr.

Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Untitled-2.jpg
Twisted-Stitch-Yamaha-YXZ-Seats-Standard-Yellow-Diamond.jpg
Twisted-Stitch-Yamaha-YXZ-Seats-Ostrich-Yellow-Standard.jpg
Twisted-Stitch-Yamaha-YXZ-Seats-Ostrich-Yellow.jpg
Twisted-Stitch-Yamaha-YXZ-Seats-Stylin-Yellow-1.jpg
Twisted-Stitch-Yamaha-YXZ-Seats-Stylin-Yellow-Diamond-1.jpg

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
What will it take to get someone to test fit a twisted stitch TSR seat into a YXZ?
I am willing to bring my car for a test fit. Just name the place. If the seat fits into the space, I will order on the spot.
Then I will make my own mounting bracket while the seat are being made.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am checking to see if they have test fit one yet, and if not, if they can do it or send us a seat. I will keep you posted as soon as I get an answer but they will probably get back to us tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I am checking to see if they have test fit one yet, and if not, if they can do it or send us a seat. I will keep you posted as soon as I get an answer but they will probably get back to us tomorrow.
I was told they have not test fit that seat and that they will not be making a mounting bracket. If I have to, I can make a bracket or have it made but before I order the seats I need to make sure they actually fit. I talked to Leo who was really helpful and I also understand why that won't do production on a mounting bracket. So I need a vendor that can step up and help me get a seat in the same place as my car for a test fit. You guys are in So Cal correct? Where?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
You guys are in Oceanside..correct?
Any chance you can get a loaner or demo TSR seat so I can bring my car in for a test fit?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The PRP XC seats are very nice, and they already have a mounting bracket that fits.
I like PRP seats but not their models that they offer for the YXZ. I like a bump at the front of the seat so my ass feels like it is in a bucket and better side hip containment to hold me in the seat better.
I may have to go with this TS-Vortex seat if my first 2 choices dont fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are in Oceanside. I can get a frame sent with our stocking order for other seats and it will not cost me anything in freight to me. That being said, we will have to ship it back to them. I am willing to order the frame, but I would prefer if you could double check the measurements that they require on the vehicle first before getting it here and then having to pay to send it back

Here are the measurements on the seat and the requirements:

TS-R Seat Measurements:
The widest point is in the shoulder area where it wings out @about 24 ¼”W. Seat cushion front to back 21”L. The thigh area across the lap closest to the knees wings out also @ 15 ¼”W.

PLEASE NOTE:
** The TS-R requires 50” of clearance between doors. – Measurement is taken approximately 10” in front of the stock seat belt harness bar @chest high **

If you could please measure the width of the car interior to ensure you have both the width and the depth and let me know, I can get the frame to Oceanside. What I prefer not to do is just pay to ship it back to them without first knowing that we have a chance of it fitting.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
^^^Going above and beyond. Nice customer service...or potential customer service? Either way, kudos.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
We are in Oceanside. I can get a frame sent with our stocking order for other seats and it will not cost me anything in freight to me. That being said, we will have to ship it back to them. I am willing to order the frame, but I would prefer if you could double check the measurements that they require on the vehicle first before getting it here and then having to pay to send it back

Here are the measurements on the seat and the requirements:

TS-R Seat Measurements:
The widest point is in the shoulder area where it wings out @about 24 ¼”W. Seat cushion front to back 21”L. The thigh area across the lap closest to the knees wings out also @ 15 ¼”W.

PLEASE NOTE:
** The TS-R requires 50” of clearance between doors. – Measurement is taken approximately 10” in front of the stock seat belt harness bar @chest high **

If you could please measure the width of the car interior to ensure you have both the width and the depth and let me know, I can get the frame to Oceanside. What I prefer not to do is just pay to ship it back to them without first knowing that we have a chance of it fitting.
That's awesome. As soon as I get my car back from the shop I will certainly get those measurements. Thank you very much

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I believe the 50" measurement should not be a problem. I have measured it before and it was about 55 1/2" but I need to verify location of measurement.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts