Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, yesterday made 2 weeks on my new YXZ, I have about 200 miles on it and love it. East coast guy and I have ridden it on the Hatfield and McCoy trails and near my home in eastern North Carolina at Bosco Beach. I love this thing........ I have a Recluse clutch on order but it will not be here till 12/14. I rode black diamond trails on the Rock House trails in West Virginia with all my PooPoo buddies and I just had to hit them a little harder than they did. I am hoping the recluse will fix that.

At the drag strip at Bosco Beach I beat an xp 1000 so bad he went straight to his trailer and wouldn't talk to me. LOL And he had aftermarket pipes and a tuner.

How much power will I get with a DASA system and where will it be in the power train? I will say that I think 1st gear is too high but it is workable.

Also does anyone have a fix for the fifth gear rev limiter.

About myself, I have been on a bike since I was 10 and I currently own a Kawasaki Tyrex, a Street Glide, and a New YXZ Bumblebee. I started out on dirt bikes and have loved all of them. This machine has lit a new fire in my 54 year old ass.

Did I tell you I love this machine.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Welcome, Pirate! I come from a motorcycle background as well, and love the YXZ for all the good familiar elements it blends into a SxS. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much power will I get with a DASA system and where will it be in the power train? I will say that I think 1st gear is too high but it is workable.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Welcome!

I believe I've read a Dasa pipe and fuel controller will give you 10hp at the wheels. An ECU flash is the only way currently to move the 5th gear limiter. Alba Racing offers a flash but I would check to see how it will work with the Dasa pipe.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Look at Graves motorsports. I think they have the best looking slip on and it runs $500 I think but more importantly I think it adds 10hp which is great gains just for a slip on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
OK, yesterday made 2 weeks on my new YXZ, I have about 200 miles on it and love it. East coast guy and I have ridden it on the Hatfield and McCoy trails and near my home in eastern North Carolina at Bosco Beach. I love this thing........ I have a Recluse clutch on order but it will not be here till 12/14. I rode black diamond trails on the Rock House trails in West Virginia with all my PooPoo buddies and I just had to hit them a little harder than they did. I am hoping the recluse will fix that.

At the drag strip at Bosco Beach I beat an xp 1000 so bad he went straight to his trailer and wouldn't talk to me. LOL And he had aftermarket pipes and a tuner.

About myself, I have been on a bike since I was 10 and I currently own a Kawasaki Tyrex, a Street Glide, and a New YXZ Bumblebee. I started out on dirt bikes and have loved all of them. This machine has lit a new fire in my 54 year old ass.

Wow I think you r the first stock yxz to beat a stock xp .especially that bad .I haven't personally seen that yet with all the videos out there it's been the other way around

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Wow I think you r the first stock yxz to beat a stock xp .especially that bad .I haven't personally seen that yet with all the videos out there it's been the other way around
I have beaten them as well.....up Olds...bone stock. Too busy driving to get video though!

·
Registered
589 Posts
We all know it's takes a good driver to run the YXZ.. Like 450grl there :D Then again Yamastar saw a video so it must be true. LOL Now go watch the video's of the turbo YXZ stomping the turbo RZR and cry in the corner.

·
Registered
225 Posts
We all know it's takes a good driver to run the YXZ.. Like 450grl there :D Then again Yamastar saw a video so it must be true. LOL Now go watch the video's of the turbo YXZ stomping the turbo RZR and cry in the corner.
That must have been driver error lol Man I'm just messin .I saw the turbo video it was kool .I buy my rides from Barnes bros .Those r the guys in the video racing the turbos..I wouldnt call them good drivers by no means though But it was kool to see though

·
Registered
66 Posts
DASA exhaust and reflash numbers.

Here you go. Tuned on the dyno.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts