Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Shell rotella cause it works in $100000 diesel as well as my wr426!

Reactions: rickkcg and McKay

·
Registered
681 Posts
I thought Mobil 1 wasn't good for clutches? Too slippery or something. You can't use it in 450 MX bikes/quads…I always used Rotella.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have used MOBIL 1 in all my engines (auto,bike,ATV,mowers,ect,ect,ect)
Along with MAXIMA Oils for transmissions CRF,TRX and my 2 stroke bikes and have
never had any mechanical wear issues.
and this would be my personal choice for me. MOBIL 1 engine/ MAXIMA in tranny.
But which ever you chose get a quality brad oil thats easily available and stick with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
This too was what I always heard years ago when syn, were first getting popular but I took the chance in my 99 400EX and NEVER EVER had a slippage issue. I use it in all the honda atv's we've owned, rancher foreman and have been fine.
Manufactures want you to buy their oils BUT consider your warranty and IF it requires theirs then I'd probably use that till warranty is up.
I thought Mobil 1 wasn't good for clutches? Too slippery or something. You can't use it in 450 MX bikes/quads…I always used Rotella.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The European auto formula mobil 1 one is great stuff, been using it for years in dirty bikes, the regular mobil 1 is not so good, some have issues with it others don't. The key is to stay away from any 'energy conserving' oil.

mobil.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
even in warmer climate, I have heard that using a heavier weight oil in the tranny is a better option. would anyone care to comment on this. I just changed out my yxz oil and transmission fluid and replaced it with 10/40 yamalube semi synthetic, and it seems like the bike shifts are way more noisy now and it just seems less smooth. Anyone else had this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts