Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW, very clean install Marc! Explain the bracket?
Thank you! The bracket is just the metal face plate but because of how intercom is oriented and the width of the radio you have to make some pretty substantial cuts in the storage compartment to get it to fit and not be in a bind. I'll take it out tonight and show what I cut out.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thank you! The bracket is just the metal face plate but because of how intercom is oriented and the width of the radio you have to make some pretty substantial cuts in the storage compartment to get it to fit and not be in a bind. I'll take it out tonight and show what I cut out.
Got it! Once again, clean, looks to be factory, can't give you a better compliment than that!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
after looking closer , I may need to put some black caulking around the radio just to fill in the gap. That will collect dirt and look like crap, but nothing a small bead of black caulk wont cover.

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That gap bothered me when I just had the radio mounted and sitting on the bench. After I got it installed in the dash it's not noticeable, actually had forgotten about it till now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, where did you pull power from? I'm doing my install now and was thinking of splicing into the dash accessory cable and changing the 10amp fuse to a 20amp fuse. I'm not good with wiring so I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great like looking install. I am going with the RR dash kit. Both look very clean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts