Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to grab a new set of lifters and went to Babbits online and for a 2017 YXZ 1000R SS/SE they list two lifter part numbers for the lifter, 4C8-12153-09-00 for GREEN lifter and 4C8-12153-10-00 for YELLOW lifter. Anyone know what the difference is and what one is needed ? I looked at the shop manual and did not see any reference to any color for a lifter. HELP!!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
The green one has (O/S) in the part description, which I am assuming means oversize. My take is that if you are machining that area of the head, you would go with the Green. If you are doing a straight replacement, then the yellow is the correct choice. Not an answer based in experience, just a thought.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The green one has (O/S) in the part description, which I am assuming means oversize. My take is that if you are machining that area of the head, you would go with the Green. If you are doing a straight replacement, then the yellow is the correct choice. Not an answer based in experience, just a thought.
That was my first assumption also, the UR on the YELLOW lifter, I have no idea what that denotes. The Kibblewhite double springs with their black diamond valves are going back in, with a CNC port & polish and five angle valve seat, but I can't understand what that would have to do with over sized buckets or "lifters", I checked the specs on the Kibblewhite replacements and their the same. I have no idea, I'll need to call the head shop tomorrow and see if they know what's up with the color dilemma and what they need.

I just figured someone on here had been into this already and could shed some light.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yea, I saw the UR in the parts description on both the yellow and green buckets. All the various shim sizes have that designation too. No clue what that indicates..... Interested to hear what you learn.

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
722 Posts
Sorry for the dumb question, but what exactly are they calling lifters?

·
Registered
2019 YXZ SS SE
722 Posts
Thanks Zilla, Is this the same as the shim buckets?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts