Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Temps here are coming down and time to get serious about keeping the cab a little warmer. Have a 20 with fan reverse, fan override will be here tomorrow. Have a full front windshield and am wondering if there is any advantage to having a vented rear window. It has a sliding cover so you can open or close it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
My rear window is vented. I leave it closed. I ride with the front windshield down all the time, and have found that the rear helps with the dust swirling in to the cab. If I had the front opened to the first little spot,( its a factory windshield that folds up), I think I might open the vent to help the air pass through. It probably would keep more dust in the cab if not vented when the front windshield is open. If you plan on keeping it shut or taking front and back off, I would say it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gump do you have one that has the cover that slides to open the vents or one that the vents are open all the time. Here is a linq to the vented one I'm looking at. Can't seem to find a decent nonvented one. The non vented ones I've found are only like 1/8 thick.

·
Registered
184 Posts
If anyone cares I just installed side enclosures on mine and add a heater from inferno heaters and it’s badass. It’s bigger than a normal car heater and even have defrost vents. I went out the other night it was in the low 30”s and ride around the compound in shorts and a t shirt. It’s one of the easiest cleanest installs I have ever done with any after market part the only hard part is running the duct work and it’s not bad. It plugs right into a factory power plug to give power so basically no wiring needed just plug and play . You have to turn it off after about 5 minutes because it will run you out of it and I don’t even have a back window installed yet. But my radiator is relocated to the back so it pushes in a little heat also. I got mine from utv direct and it was less than 400$ I can’t remember the exact cost.
That for sure sounds like a commercial lol but I’m not affiliated with them at all. But I hate riding when I’m freezing my berrys off so this is the best thing I have done yet lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts