Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stop laughing. Old boy read on yxz group about all clutch failures. So he goes out to test his vehicle. Records the video (below) ....

Sure enough, he's got 100% proof the clutch is SOLID after this thorough test. He's so confident now that he flipped the camera off as he return to say "F YOU HATERS" Bahahaha.... you just can't even make this stuff up.

OH AND FREE BONUS ... dude mentioned he HAD to put it in 4WD to make this monster of a hill.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he posted that here already dumbass.
.. I didn't see it maybe it was buried in another thread??

... Why the language? Did I hurt your sensitive feelings about something???

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kalop,

Are you mad bro I got a YXZ with a working Clutch? LOL

That's my video, and yeah I am having fun........

Cheers

Matt
I'm not mad ... I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Was this like satire ??? Or you seriously using that hill to test your clutch ???

Either way glad your having fun.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm not mad ... I thought it was pretty damn funny.

Was this like satire ??? Or you seriously using that hill to test your clutch ???

Either way glad your having fun.
At one point, Facebook was in such a frenzy about the YXZ clutch failures, it was thought they were just blowing up moving in a straight line. Also alot of people were curious about the low speed crawling, starting on hill, etc. So I made a cheap video.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh... Ok, gotcha.

I do see the clutches are still breaking though. Even the fan boys who previously claiming ... "you have to learn how to drive them" .... and now I see couple those guys have lost clutches.

I'm sure Yamaha will make some changes if it's problem.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It's not a technical crawler.

If your riding is below 5 MPH with constant stop and go, this is the wrong machine no doubt. Ed Lamb (the guy in the pic) said he was crawling logs and rocks. If it was a entire trail of logs and rocks that a RZR would use low range for, then it is no surprise he burned up a clutch. Was that Yamaha's fault????????? Would that trail be any different on a YFZ450????

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This guy REX was previously on the "You've got to know how to drive these" fan boy bandwagons.

The irony.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another clueless driver I suppose.

#satire

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Fact of the matter is some of these guys should have gotten a Wolverine. That's the correct machine for the slow technical stuff. The YXZ is built to RUN hard and fast in desert/dune conditions. Doesn't surprise me a bit that some of these guys with what they are trying to do are frying the clutches. Common sense will tell you the YXZ is not built for slow technical stuff. Plain and simple. You just need to buy the right tool for the job. CVT is the only real choice for that stuff. Should be obvious, really!

Reactions: DezDAD and milosusa

·
Banned
228 Posts
Ahh... Ok, gotcha.

I do see the clutches are still breaking though. Even the fan boys who previously claiming ... "you have to learn how to drive them" .... and now I see couple those guys have lost clutches.

I'm sure Yamaha will make some changes if it's problem. [/SIZE

I didn't even have to pull my XP out of the garage to be proven right.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Fact of the matter is some of these guys should have gotten a Wolverine. That's the correct machine for the slow technical stuff. The YXZ is built to RUN hard and fast in desert/dune conditions. Doesn't surprise me a bit that some of these guys with what they are trying to do are frying the clutches. Common sense will tell you the YXZ is not built for slow technical stuff. Plain and simple. You just need to buy the right tool for the job. CVT is the only real choice for that stuff. Should be obvious, really!
You are right 100 % . But honestly surprise people can't understand that.....
milos

1 - 20 of 52 Posts