Yamaha YXZ Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the sxs deal this year and love mine.This is now a game changer with the trans.Nice machine,but gonna wait for a bit and see how this thing really works.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There should be a lot more choices next year. Yamaha should have a low speed low geared model plus maybe some Honda's.

·
Registered
614 Posts
There should be a lot more choices next year. Yamaha should have a low speed low geared model plus maybe some Honda's.
Yamaha can't keep up with demand on this machine, you think they will have time to engineer, design, test, manufacture , market a new model in 12 months. I doubt it.

·
Registered
614 Posts
And if they do produce a low speed low geared model I bet it will not come with any where near the same potential of this offering. I just can't see them catering to the rock crawling crowd and they do have the wolverine

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah really, especially since Yamaha is such a small company with only 2 or 3 guys working for them. Too bad they aren't a big company like say, Polaris right?
Wow at least you're an equal opportunity dick…and all the while I thought you were only here to annoy people that like the YXZ.

And for the record I was thinking something similar when I read that comment. Ha, ha

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the welcome.Been watching this site and looks a bit goofy,but that's the internet.Yes I own a 700 sport and does everything I need for now.The manual shift has me thinking of finishing mine this winter and swapping next year.

·
Registered
363 Posts
It was reported Yamaha will make 8,000 and I expect it may be hard to sell that many to the dune guys. Not many racers but a lot of wide open fast riding in many areas of the South West. Can-Am has adds on free extended warranty and rebates on their Turbo. Polaris may have a hard time sell their $25,000 and $27,600 turbos. Its hard for many to get financed and this is a toy. Its going to be interesting and I hope Yamaha sell out. It won't take much to make a trail / mud machine with this model and they may have to compete with Honda and Kawasaki sport models next year.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yamaha can't keep up with demand on this machine, you think they will have time to engineer, design, test, manufacture , market a new model in 12 months. I doubt it.
Judging by what has been said on the YXZ testing process, my guess is the next machine, and the one after that, have already been designed, drafted, engineered, built and are currently undergoing prototype testing somewhere in the world. Didn't Rekluse say they have had the YXZ engine in house for three years to perfect their product? And Yamaha has admitted to having working, complete YXZs in testing over two years prior to release, didn't they?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Could that be applied to the non-buyers as well?

"I'm not buying the YXZ for what it is, not for what it isn't."
Absolutely, those folks may find warm and fuzzy feelings on a other forum, this one is dedicated to ONE machine not a host of variants

1 - 20 of 40 Posts