Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my YXZ, I opted for the 3yr Yanaha extended warranty. Now that I'm strongly considering adding boost, I'm thinking the warranty is likely void.

I am able to cancel the plan for a refund, but was curious about how many folks have used their warranty, and for what? "Wear items" seem to be a long list on a unit like this, so trying to justify keeping the extended plan.

·
Registered
199 Posts
When I purchased my YXZ, I opted for the 3yr Yanaha extended warranty. Now that I'm strongly considering adding boost, I'm thinking the warranty is likely void.

I am able to cancel the plan for a refund, but was curious about how many folks have used their warranty, and for what? "Wear items" seem to be a long list on a unit like this, so trying to justify keeping the extended plan.
I don't have any information on the refund aspect of the extended warranty, but i have had discussions with Both of the dealers here in Fresno before i bought my YXZ and both have confirmed with the Yamaha Rep that the only Turbo that will not void the warranty is the MPI base boost of 155. The Yamaha warranty only covers the original YXZ components and not the turbo parts. Any failures of the turbo components will have to be covered by MPI or out of pocket. But the rep did insist they will cover everything but the clutch disks, even with MPI turbo installed. That was the kicker for me to get the 3 year extended warranty, since i did get the MPI installed

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't have any information on the refund aspect of the extended warranty, but i have had discussions with Both of the dealers here in Fresno before i bought my YXZ and both have confirmed with the Yamaha Rep that the only Turbo that will not void the warranty is the MPI base boost of 155. The Yamaha warranty only covers the original YXZ components and not the turbo parts. Any failures of the turbo components will have to be covered by MPI or out of pocket. But the rep did insist they will cover everything but the clutch disks, even with MPI turbo installed. That was the kicker for me to get the 3 year extended warranty, since i did get the MPI installed
what did u pay for the 3 year if I may ask?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts