Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats!! Enjoy it, and drive it like you’re gonna ride it, don’t break it in like a baby. There’s so much potential in these YXZ’s, but first thing you need to get is a proper cage and harnesses. Then modify away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!! Enjoy it, and drive it like you’re gonna ride it, don’t break it in like a baby. There’s so much potential in these YXZ’s, but first thing you need to get is a proper cage and harnesses. Then modify away!
Oh I'm not babying it. Running it up and down from 2k to 5.5k varying between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle. Will change the oil and filter at 50 miles and continue on. Harnesses are on their way, Pro Armour 4 pt. Cage is going to have to wait for a little while (haven't located that money tree yet!). Even at 1/2 throttle it goes, can't wait until I can pin it!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Right on! I hear ya, cages are not cheap! I think my cage was just over $2100, well worth it though. Look into BCF (Brick City Fab), Moses is the best and has great customer service. If you ride dunes ask about the dune windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Congrats on the new unit ! You think your impressed now, wait till the first time you do a 8k to 10.5k pull. You'll be wearing a grin and thinking DAMN, this thing is fast. Don't pile it up, get use to it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats Paul. You get a 2fold grin. Once ur pulling rpms over 7k-11k and the next is when the motor loosens up a bit around 700 miles or so.....crazy grin comes across the face there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Enjoy, Enjoy & Enjoy!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
As mentioned change the oil/filter right away. The filters get plugged with assembly lube. After first 10 minutes isn't too soon IMO.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Congrats and glad to see you are over the paint job...…. I like the color a lot.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I assume that was for WVeers92 with the mud? Mine is cleaned after each trip out to the dunes, and, there's no mud around here-I live in the desert, lol!
Ugh...its my 17 yr old son that loves the mud. It was awesome at River Ranch FL over the w-end. Added a 2nd coat of the new color :) I'd prefer the dunes......I spent hrs on cleaning it up yesterday evening and still have more to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts