Yamaha YXZ Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are now offering in house ECU programming for the Yamaha ‪YXZ1000R‬! Since we do this in-house, we don't have to go through a middle man and can pass the lower cost on to our customers!

Remove the speed limiter, modify the rev limit, fuel mapping, ignition mapping, etc.

$299 for our regular tune with custom tuning available.

Call the shop for details at 480-507-4771 :cool:

12307352_704061983061785_9157306425558079930_o.jpg

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Corry, can you outline exactly what parameter changes are made to the ECU? Are there multiple stages of reflash that you offer, kind of like what EVO does with the Mavericks? It would seem to me there would need to be several tunes for different levels of mods, right? What is the base "regular" tune you refer to?
Were these tunes tested and developed in house by Weller, or are you working with another tuner on them? ...Just curious.
Right now, I'm trying to decide whether to stay NA or go the Turbo route, so the details interest me.

Thanks for any additional info!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Great price, by the way! :) I like!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Noticed when looking at the exhaust and ecu flash option that it states that quiet cores cut muffler life in half. Just curious, what's the usual muffler life?

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Noticed when looking at the exhaust and ecu flash option that it states that quiet cores cut muffler life in half. Just curious, what's the usual muffler life?
Basically the packing in the mufflers burns out pretty quick with the quiet core inserts. They heat the whole muffler up a lot more than without. One of the reasons we prefer dual mufflers over a single is a better heat distribution throughout the two cans.....so we just want to state that the quiet cores can negate that a bit.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Corry, can you outline exactly what parameter changes are made to the ECU? Are there multiple stages of reflash that you offer, kind of like what EVO does with the Mavericks? It would seem to me there would need to be several tunes for different levels of mods, right? What is the base "regular" tune you refer to?
Were these tunes tested and developed in house by Weller, or are you working with another tuner on them? ...Just curious.
Right now, I'm trying to decide whether to stay NA or go the Turbo route, so the details interest me.

Thanks for any additional info!
We have a tune for our exhaust which is our basic tune. Next we will be working on a tune for a bone stock vehicle to get some extra performance out of them. If you have a turbo vehicle we can pull timing so you can run a lower octane fuel. All of our tunes are developed right here at our shop by us. And I may be biased, but Jason has always been great at tuning motors and getting the best possible performance out of them. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,622 Posts
Do you have pictures of your production exhaust or did I miss them? Going to do an exhaust and tune while the turbo's settle out.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How long of a wait would it be to get you full exhaust and tune?
We have a waiting list that we will begin shipping to next week - so we have to get all of those customers taken care of first.....but, Jason is thinking about 3 weeks if you put your deposit down now. The reflash is quick - we do it right here so the turnaround on that will be like one day. Our tune is custom for our exhaust, so it's super crisp :D (Jason spent quite a bit of time getting it just right)!

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any chance you have any of those upper black graphic stripes you could sell?
I wish! We had both of our units partially wrapped with that flat black vinyl. It's a difficult material to work with but it looks great when it's done. But.......because of that, we can't really make a graphics kit from it to sell......

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Any chance you have any of those upper black graphic stripes you could sell?
I am going to tape off the area and spray mine with black plastidip like the Weller car. It will have a very fine texture to it like the lower plastics but will be flat and durable.
May even add a thin pin line of metallic silver.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts